Chapter 31

Audenzia's POV:

"Glad to be back?" Rian asks while I toss my suitcase onto my bed. "You could say that" I said with a sigh. The past few days I've been stuck in the hospital getting tested to ensure I'm okay to go home. I decided I'm not going to bring up the fake pregnancy to my family, just because I know they would freak out.

"Do you know when Xander is getting here?"

"He should be back around noon." Rian responds, checking his watch. I bet it's around eleven thirty now, so Xander could be here any minute. I just nod to Rian and follow him downstairs where everyone is sitting in the living room. To my surprise, Xander is already here.

With Laila.

I try to ignore her arm that is linked through his, she is standing right at his side. She is wearing very little, just a tiny pair of Jean shorts and a cropped tank top. Who wears that in December?!

She gives me a sly smirk, and I can feel Rian tense behind me. None of my family know much about Laila, just that we are to keep an eye on her. I know that Xander made her think we weren't together, but it still wasn't fun watching them so close. I don't know if she is some kind of spy or just a bitch who has a thing for Xander, but either way I can't wait for her to be gone. Wether gone means dead or back with her family depends on what we find. I'm not going to lie, watching her touch Xander makes me hope for the first option.

"Hi! Pleasure to meet you!" Laila chirps, embracing Mrs. Romano in a hug, "Your son is just a darling." Xander and I share a look, he winks at me which settles my nerves. Mrs. Romano is quick to pull off of Laila, "Who are you?" She questions.

"I'm Laila" she smiles. I do my best to hold back an eye roll. Why did Xander even bring her here? Almost like she heard my thoughts, she goes on about how Xander offered for her to live here.

I'm just as surprised as my whole family, but since they don't know he is faking this, I can feel everyone's rage at Xander. "The hell if I will allow you to bring another woman in this house when you have a girlfriend." Mr. Romano speaks up. I can't help but feel happy knowing Xander's family is protective of me in that way.

"They broke up, sir." Laila bats her eyelashes, stepping towards Xander and grabbing his arm. Everyone looks to me.

Shit.

If I play this off it's very likely Xander will be attacked by my family, but if I don't the plan is ruined and we might not be able to get anything from Laila.

"What about your trip to Greece you had planned?" Gray asks, and it takes all my strength not to let a smile come across my face. Everyone knows there was no trip to Greece, Gray is just making sure we are on the same page.

"We cancelled it last night." I said, acting sad. My acting is probably shit, I hope Laila doesn't notice.

Laila seems satisfied enough because she asks Xander to take her to her room. "I actually have to speak with Keanu, but I'm sure Audenzia can take you." He says, sneaking me a wink again. That asshole.

I give him a glare, and can tell he is pleased with himself. "Oh..." Laila says, sounding disappointed. "You can take my bags." She tells me, pointing to two large suitcases. I know she went shopping yesterday for clothes but damn how much of our money did she spend?!

I don't even fake a smile as I pick up the two heavy suitcases. She pecks Xander's cheek before walking behind me up the stairs. I purposefully give her a room near the west wing, far from every office and other bedroom.

Once we get to the room, I swing the door open and allow her to walk in first. "Is this close to Xander's room?" She asks. I ignore the question, walking over to the window and peeking outside briefly. "I'm talking to you!" She raises her voice.