Twenty-Five

Asta and Tina collapsed next to each other after Yami unleashed his scary wrath on them and Noelle.

"Ok, everybody. Shut up and listen," Yami ordered as he clasped his hands together. "It doesn't make a difference if the guy is royalty, nobility, or whatever. We'll leave the investigation to the pros and wait for the report to come in. Now that's settled. I've got some good news for you."

"Good news? About what?" Asta, Tina, and Noelle asked.

"You wanna hear?"

"Yeah, of course we do!" Asta shouted in excitement.

Yami let out a chuckle. "Believe it or not, the Wizard King himself has recognized your efforts."

"The Wizard King?"

"As in the Wizard King?" Tina gasped with stars in her eyes.

Yami nodded before he held up a gold star. "For your work in Saussy Village, he awarded us a star."

"A star? Seriously? Go us!" Magna cheered. Noelle let out a hmph before flipping her pigtail back.

Asta held his fist up. "We got a star!"

Tina began jumping. "A star. Yay!" She wrapped her arms around Asta for a bone crushing hug and started spinning him around. "I can't believe we got one. That's amazing!"

"Wow. Nice," Vanessa said.

Finral nodded. "Congrats, you guys."

Tina stopped her spinning and asked, "What does the star mean?"

"Yeah, we want to know," Asta said as he tried to stop his dizziness.

Magna scoffed at them. "You two are celebrating when you don't even know?"

"It's a symbol," Vanessa started explaining. "The Wizard King gives them to people who perform great deeds."

Tina gasped. "Wow, Asta! Someday either you or Yuno are gonna be doing that."

"Oh, wow!" Asta continued. "So, what's it good for?"

"Uh," Vanessa trailed off. "Well, I mean, it's an honor."

"That's so awesome!" Asta shouted the same time Tina yelled, "So cool!"

Magna smirked before wrapping his arms around the best friends. "Ya get it now? It's an honor. A real medal for us real men."

"Don't forget about woman," Tina said.

Asta and Tina's eyes bugged out when Magna tightened his hold on them. "A medal for us real men and woman!"

Noelle sighed. "You make no sense half the time."

"It's a competition, too," Vanessa went on and ignored Noelle statement. "The squads all vie to see who can get the most."

"It's an indicator of a squad's achievement," Finral added. "The more stars you have, the more successful you are."

"Oh, sweet, how much do the Black Bulls have?" Tina choked out as her and Asta's face started to turn blue. "Magna, I'm gonna punch you if you don't let go." And he did.

"Right now the Golden Dawn's ranked highest in terms of stars. They've got 70."

"Seventy?" Asta and Tina gasped out.

"And now with this," Yami continued. He walked over to the plaque that as on the wall and placed the star there. "We're officially at negative 30." With that answer, Tina let out a grunt before falling back.