One

It was just another day at the Far-Remote Village of Hage. The High Priest of the church was busy preparing for tomorrow's festivities until he heard something crying from the outside. He walked out and found three baskets containing newborn babies.

"Three more for us, eh?" he asked no one in particular.

The High Priest looked around for any signs of the parents. He let out a sad sigh as the three continued to cry. He picked up the baskets as best as he could before making his way inside. He placed the three babies on the bed, hoping the would fall asleep before he walked over to the fireplace. With a snap of his fingers, fire emerges on the tip before he threw it into the wood. It was like the warmth of the room was starting to calm the babies down until two of them were falling asleep.

"Aw, shh. There's a good boy," the High Priest muttered as he set the warm cup of water to the side. One of the babies started to whimper but soon enough started closing her eyes. "Here you go. I was starting to think you would never calm down.

The High Priest stretched out his aching muscles as he before getting a good look at the babies. Two of them fast asleep while the other one was fighting it.

"Are you siblings?" he asked out loud. "Same age, so possible triplets as well." He got a good look at the babies. He looked at the boy with dark hair, peacefully sleeping. "This one here is sweet and well behaved," his eyes went to the boy with light hair, drool coming out of his mouth, arms sprawled out, snoring loudly. Then the baby started cooing in his sleep with his hands on his face, "and this one, well, he's a bit spirited." His eyes gazed at the girl. She was half asleep. It looked like she was fighting it before she let out a little yawn and let her eyes finally shut. "And this one is strong-willing. Then there's a fact that they don't look a thing alike."

The priest pulled down the blanket covering the dark-haired boy. "Yuno," he read before noticing the small necklace near baby Yuno's head. "Now, for this spirited little fell -" he was stopped short when the boy in the middle kicked his leg out, striking the priest in the nose. "Ow! A bit too spirited." It was like the boy knew what he did and started to laugh in his sleep, a smile creeping on the High Priest's face as the blanket rolled down. "Asta." Then he looked at the baby girl, who somehow got the blanket over her head. The High Priest chuckled again before he pulled the blanket down before he saw the girl's name. "Tina." It was like Tina heard him say her name. She grabbed his sleeve with one hand before she used the other to lift it up. The High Priest knew she wanted to be carried, so he carefully picked her up. Tina let out another yawn before she cuddled closer to the man.

"Well, you've three had a tough beginning, but your worries are over," the High Priest said. "As of today, fellas, this will be your home. Asta, Tina, and Yuno..."

》》》》

15 Years Later

Tina sighed as she sat by the tree that wasn't far from the church. Her miss-matched color eyes looking around the field as the Yuno sat next to her. His gaze lingered on to her but most importantly the long scar that was down her eye. His chest clenching as he recalls the incident that happened all those years ago. Tina said she forgives him but her screams still plague his mind whenever he looks at the scar. Then he looked at the girl next to him and his chest started to clench for a whole nother reason.

Tina's hand clenched the silver ring that hung around her neck as she spotted a rainbow emerging through the crop fields. A small smile on her face. "It's beautiful, isn't it, Yuno?" she asked the dark-haired boy, who gave her that necklace.

Yuno's eyes widened a bit when she looked at him and hoped that she didn't see his flushed cheeks. "It's all right."

Tina rolled her eyes playfully.