Two

Tina never wanted to be the Wizard King. It was something that was more of a competition between Asta and Yuno. Tina was never interested in being Wizard King, or in her case Queen, but she always wanted to be captain of the Magic Knights. She didn't care which team or group, all she wanted to do was become captain and serve the Wizard King and protect the Clover Kingdom. Tina couldn't pick between Asta and Yuno when they ask her who would be a better fit. She simply states that she doesn't care and that either guy would make a great Wizard King. Asta has a strong heart and that's what Tina admires about him. In fact, Asta was the one that taught her to never give up. Yuno has the skills to be a leader and everyone at the church practically praises him already.

When March hit, and the firefly dandelions began floating through the air, Tina was beyond excited. Every year children who have reached the age of 15 would gather for the Grimoire Acceptance Ceremony. And since she's finally 15 that means she's going to get her very own grimoire. Tina got up early in the morning and was practically dancing around the church. Her eyes closed as she twirled around singing I'm gonna get my grimoire today! Yuno thought it was pretty cute seeing her like that while Asta shared her excitement. All the way to the Grimoire Tower the two discussed what kind of grimoire they think they'll get. Tina had to stop a few times because she thought she had to puke from all the excitement. Especially now when they reached the tower and saw nothing but shelves of books. The clover skylight being the only light in the room.

"Awesome! Are all these shelves filled with grimoires?" Asta asked. "Ooh! Which one is mine?"

"I don't know. Which one looks loud to you?" Tina jokes. She heard a few whispers behind her and turned to see two of the boys looking at her.

"Did you see her eye?" one guy asked his friend. "It's bad enough they let the street rats in but they brought the mutated one, too."

Mutated? Tina thought.

The friend shrugged his shoulders. "How could anyone like her possibly get a grimoire?"

Tina's hand went around the ring on her necklace while she glared at the two guys. She wanted to use her magic to blow the guys away or at least blast them outside of the tower.

"Maybe she'll get a torn up one?" the first guy joked.

"No, she might not even get any because of her scar. She might just go back to the poor house where and cry like a little baby."

Poor house?!

The guys started to laugh. One grabbed his eyes and held it open while sticking his tongue out. Tina grit her teeth together. She didn't like people talking about her eye. She really hates it when they make fun of her for it. Tina was about to go instakill on the two guys but she felt a hand on her arm. She looked up and saw Yuno shaking his head at her, more guilt consuming him.

"They're not worth it," he spoke calmly.

She let out a breath before crossing her arms. "Why not? They're a bunch of jerks waiting for me to punch them."

"As amusing as that sounds, just remember what you came here for." He looked down at her. Giving her that look that makes her stomach flutter every time. "Becoming a Magic Knight captain." Tina gave him a light smile.

It's my fault she's like this anyway, Yuno thought as Tina looked away from him and to the podium. I will do anything I can to make this right. When I become Wizard King, I'll make sure no one hurts you. Even if it means protecting you from myself.

"Welcome to Grimoire Tower, Acceptees. On this momentous day, you will take your first step down a new path. I wish you integrity, hope, and love," the Tower Master began as he floated down. Asta's eyes were wide as he was ready to get his grimoire. "For those who don't know. I am the master of this Grimoire Tower. Now, never once has anyone from this region distinguished him, or herself, by becoming a Magic Knight, much less the Wizard King."