Three

Tina followed Yuno out of the tower. She was furious with him and was yelling at him the moment they stepped out.

"How could you do that to Asta?!" she shouted at him. They made a promise to each other since they were little to each other's rival the day they both wanted to be the Wizard King. And for her to hear Yuno tell him no, it just made her so angry. "You guys have been each other's rivals since we were kids. Just because he doesn't have a grimoire doesn't mean he's going to give up on his dream!"

I bet Asta's shouting how he's not going to give up and get his grimoire no matter how long it takes, she thought.

"Aren't you tired of sticking up for him?" Yuno asked as they continued walking.

Tina grit her teeth together. "No! Asta needs someone by his side because jerks like you think they could talk down on him because he doesn't have magic! It's bad enough people think we're beneath them because we're commoners just add Asta's having no magic to it. He gets bullied more because of it."

Yuno was unfazed. "Then why are you here with me instead of him?"

And Tina paused. Yeah, she should have gone with Asta back to the village and train with him some more, that usually cheers him up, but instead, she ran out with Yuno to what? Yell at him? She knows Yuno doesn't mean it. The trio's friendship goes deeper than that. But when it comes to her and Yuno, Tina didn't want to admit that she's in love with him. Oh, if she only knew he felt the same way about her.

"Because..." she started as she felt her cheeks warm up. "I - I needed to talk some sense into you. Just because you have a four-leaf grimoire doesn't mean you could go around with a huge ego."

Her cheeks got warmer when Yuno gave her a small grin, he noticed her cheeks heating up. "Maybe I should tell you that? You do have a three and a half leaf clover on yours. It might not be four, but it's better than three."

Tina crossed her arms and pouted. "Yeah. Another thing added to my weird list."

"It's not weird." Yuno glanced down at her necklace. He reached for it and twirled the ring in his fingers. "It just makes you unique."

Tina smiled at him as her heart began pounding in her chest. Their small moment ended when the boys who were picking on her and Asta stopped in front of them.

"Aww, did we interrupt your little moment?" the first one asked. He chuckled. "Look at this, the little golden boy and his red-eye freak girlfriend." Tina glared at them while her fist clenched. "Someone give her an eyepatch already."

Yuno glared at the boy. The friend just wanted to go home. "Hey, um...Isn't that going a bit too far?" he asked. He didn't want to cause any trouble.

The jerk turned to the friend. "We were supposed to be the stars of the show today," he argued. "They ruined that! Two low-life commoners. She got a three and a half leaf clover and he got four? I need to make them pay."

"Wait!"

The jerk pulled out his grimoire and opened it. Tina reached to grab hers but Yuno held his arm out to stop her. She looked up at him to see that stare he gives everyone. He was unfazed about the bully and thought he was ruining his day.

"I'll burn those books 'till it's nothing but ash!" the man yelled. The guy sent a wave of fire towards them. Yuno lets go of Tina to wave his hand, creating a tornado barrier around them. Tina's eyes widened as the fire around them started to disappear. The guys gasped when they say the pair unharmed. "He dispelled my flames without even using his grimoire!" He looked at his friend. "Go on, you try!"

The friend looked startled. "But..."

"Do it!"

The friend didn't want to. He didn't want to cause anyone any trouble. He was going to argue with his friend until a few chains with a spear came out of the wall and attacked them. Tina's eyes widened as the chains wrapped around the guys and trapped them to the wall. There were a few coming towards her and Yuno. She brought both her hands up and created a full moon barrier around them. She watched as the chains tried to penetrate them but failed. The chains retreated and she lowered her arms.