Twenty-Four

Tina didn't want her date with Yuno to end but she needed to head back to the Hideout and report her mission to Captain Yami. She was still chasing Asta around the hideout until Yami grabbed Asta by the head while giving Tina the death glare and told them to knock it off, ruining his quiet dump time. Tina agreed with a tsk before reuniting with Magna and Noelle to report to Yami what happened. What she didn't expect her captain to do is laugh about the whole situation.

"Sounds like you had your hands full, all right," Yami continued to laugh, confusing the group.

What's he so happy about? Noelle wondered. Somebody died back there.

"No offense, Captain, but this isn't something to be laughing about. Someone did die," Tina unmasked the girl's thoughts.

Yami took his cigarette out of his mouth. "Why not, kid? Is bein' sad gonna bring Seihi back? Huh?"

Magna stood up straight and agreed with him, "No. You're exactly right, Yami, sir. Seihi wouldn't want our sorrow. He was a man of laughter. Come on, let's laugh for the old guy."

Tina gave him a deadpanned look as Magna continued laughing and said, "Yeah, he was laughing while he won your money because you don't know how to play poker."

A small tick appeared on Magna's forehead as he glared at the girl and started to stutter. "Wh - Wh...YOU JUST GOT LUCKY, THUMBELINA!"

The girl grinned at him. "No, it's called skill. Which is something you don't have apparently."

"Are you talking about that game old man Dazai taught you?" Asta wondered. Tina scoffed before pouting her lips as her arms crossed, ignoring the boy. Her action made Asta gasp while a sweat dropped from his forehead. "Come on, Tina. I already told you I'm sorry. But why are you only mad at me? Everyone else was there, too."

"Did you hear something, Captain?" Tina asked.

Could they be any more childish? Noelle thought.

Yami sighed. "Ok, that's enough," he said before going back on topic as he doesn't care what happened to make the girl mad. "It's a real shame what happened to Seihi, but you protected the villagers." A small grin came to his face. "Hold your heads high. You did a good job. So be proud of yourselves, you idiots."

Magna saluted while Asta and Tina stood up straighter while shouting, "Sir!"

"Thank you," Noelle said.

"Wow, she can say thank you," Tina muttered. Her comment made Yami laugh.

Asta noticed Magna's salute and asked, "Hey, what are you doing with your hand?"

"Are you kidding me?" he responded as if it's the most ridiculous thing he's ever been asked. "You seriously don't know the Magic Knight salute?"

Tina's eyes sparkle as she pushed Asta away. "There's a Magic Knight salute?!" she questioned excitedly.

Magna chuckled. "Take a good look." Tina's eyes widened in amazement, staring at how three of his fingers are close to his chest, while he continued to explain. "These fingers represent the three leaves of a clover."

"Whoa," Tina gasped.

"Go on. You try."

Tina stood up straighter. The tips of her thumb and pinky finger touching each other as she placed the other three fingers were straight near her heart. "LIKE THIS?!"

"Yeah, not bad!"

The bluenette's eyes widen in glee as she jumped around the hideout. "YEAH, I DID SOMETHING RIGHT!"