Six

The trio spent the whole day training with their grimoire. The Magic Knights Exam was six months away so they wanted to get stronger. They wanted to do whatever it takes to make it into the Magic Knights. Yuno was practicing his magic cutting up the logs for the village. Asta was practicing using his sword. Tina was deeper in the woods and was beaming when she found out that she could summon crescent moons on both arms and use them like blades. She cut a tree and was even more excited when the moon blades twirled around.

Tina ran back to the church to show the other orphans her power. She told them to stay back before she did a little show for them. She even had them throw rocks at her so she could either dodge them or slice right through them.

"Wow, Tina, that was really great," Nash said as the blades disappeared.

Tina chuckled. "I know! It was so awesome. I wonder what else I could do! At least I know it's more than just barriers I could make." Her chuckle died down when she heard Asta yelling not that far from them. "Oh, no. Not again."

She looked ahead to see Asta and Yuno running towards the church in their little race. Asta had his sword in his hand while Yuno used his magic to carry the chopped logs not that far. It looked like they were coming right at the church so she stood in front of the door.

"Watch out, Tina!" Asta yelled.

Tina held her hand up and created a full moon barrier around the church at the last second. Asta and Yuno crashed into the barrier, their faces squished against it. The other orphan children started to laugh at the faces that the two were making. Yuno's cheek was squished against the barrier while Asta's nose looked like a pig as his mouth was open.

"Asta's making a funny face!" Arlu laughed while the boys fell back.

"What the hell, Tina?!" Asta shouted as she helped Yuno off of the ground.

Tina shrugged. "You know how dangerous it is to run with a sword?" Then she looked at Yuno. "And if you lost your concentration for a second the logs could have fallen on anyone?"

"I know," Yuno panted. "That's why I didn't lose it. Just like I know you only did that so you could see us crash into it."

She grinned. "I'm not gonna deny that. It was pretty funny."

"Well?" Asta asked as he picked up his sword and got up.

"Well, what?"

"Well, who got here first?"

"Oh, I don't know."

"You don't know!"

"Well, sorry if I wasn't paying attention! Not to mention it looked like a draw!"

Nash walked over to them. "It did, but Yuno was a tiny bit faster," he said.

Asta's eyes bugged out of his head. "Seriously? Were you really watching?" He let out a small growl before turning towards the church. "All right, then. Let's see who's first into the church."

Asta started to run in but Yuno used his magic to stop Asta mid-air. A small tornado was created under his feet before he was tossed up in the air. Tina face-palmed herself as Asta fell to the ground, Yuno opening the door.

"Looks like that would be me," Yuno said. He looked at Tina. "You coming?"

Tina sighed. "I guess so." She stepped over Asta. "Sorry, Asta." She kept mumbling under her breath. "All this training today, I didn't think you would snap and act so childish."

"You're more childish than me."

"Yeah, but you guys are used to it. I mean, you and I haven't had a race since we were kids. That's not fair."