Four

The leaves of a clover are said to each contain one thing. In the first three dwell integrity, hope, and love. The fourth leaf is given over to good luck. And in the fifth...there lives the devil.

Asta's eyes were shining as he pulled the magic sword out of the grimoire. Yuno had a proud smile plastered on his face.

"Like you wouldn't be chosen, Asta? There's no way. This is what you've always done," Yuno said as the dark shadowing figure rises over Asta. "You have a way of making the impossible, possible. Now, and back then." Then Yuno began to remember the biggest vow the trio came up with when they were younger.

"I'm gonna be the Wizard King," young Asta proclaimed as he laid on the ground. "I'll keep you, Tina, and everybody else safe. No more about worrying about food or money. You guys will have everything you ever wanted. I'll prove it. I'll show them all."

Yuno's eyes widened at his friend's promise. "Show them? Prove what?" he asked.

"That even if you're poor, a commoner and an orphan, you can still become the Wizard King."

Tina smiled at him. "Well, if you're gonna be the Wizard King, then that means I'll just have to become a Magic Knight Captain." The boys snapped their gaze on her as she laid down, her head resting on Yuno's lap. "If you're going to be Wizard King, then that means you're going to need a Magic Knight Captain to help you protect everyone."

》》》》

10 Years Earlier

Tina began laughing as she followed Asta around the fields to get to the top of the hill. Yuno wasn't that far behind, but he was having a bit of trouble catching up. Tina looked back.

"Come on, Yuno," she giggled.

"W - Wait up!" Yuno yelled after her. Yuno lost his footing, which caused him to yelp as he fell. Tina skids to a stop and turned to see Yuno faceplanted on the dirt road.

She began running towards him. "Yuno!" she yelled which got Asta's attention.

Asta turned around and went after them. "Oh, jeez! Are you ok?" he asked Yuno, who was about to cry. Asta held his hand out. "Wanna hand?"

Yuno looked up. "Yeah, thank you."

Yuno still had tears coming down his face. "Don't cry, Yuno," Tina begged. A bright idea came to her head. Tina leaned up and gave Yuno a quick peck on the cheek. She grinned when Yuno stopped crying, but he started to blush as he placed his hand where he kissed him. "There! All better!"

"Sheesh. You're such a crybaby sometimes," Asta said.

Yuno began wiping his eyes. "I know."

Tina glared at her friend before she started slapping the back of his head. "He just stopped crying! You trying to make him cry again?!" she yelled.

"Ow, ow, ow!" Asta shouted as he tried to cover his head from Tina's slaps. "I wasn't trying to! I just wanted to tell him that we always got his back."

Tina stopped with her assault. "Oh." She shrugged her shoulders before she jumped on Yuno's back and wrapped her arms around him. "Yeah, what he said." She gave him a little hug as her head rested on his shoulder. "You can always count on us, Yuno."

"Ok," Yuno said shyly.

Asta noticed Yuno's face still red. "Hey, Yuno. You sure you're ok? You're looking a little pink there."

Yuno's eyes widened. "Uh, yeah. I'm ok. Just a little tired."

Tina jumped off and grabbed his hand before they took off running. "That just means we have to pull you with us," she said happily. "Come on, we shouldn't keep Sister Lily waiting."

Asta's eyes sparkled at the mention of the nun. "Yeah, we shouldn't!" he yelled before he sprinted ahead of them. "Let's get going. They're all waiting for us up top!"

And the best friends began laughing. Asta running a bit faster than the other two but Tina didn't once let go of Yuno's hand.

》》》》

Sister Lily planned a picnic for her and the rest of the kids. She handed them each a small loaf of bread. Tina took a small bite of her bread, savoring the flavor...and not trying to break her teeth.

"This bread is yummy," Yuno voiced Tina's thoughts and she agreed. The bread was yummy, so she didn't want to inhale it like how Asta is doing. "Yummy, but a bit hard, maybe."

"Amazing, Sister Lily!" Asta praised the young nun as he tried to bite his bread. "You're the best cook and awesomest baker ever!" Asta started to blush as he looked at the nun. Tina sighed happily as she placed her head on Yuno's shoulder. "Hey, when I grow up, we should get married, and you can cook for me."

"Actually, Father's the one who baked that," Sister Lily informed him with a light smile. "So maybe you should marry him.

Asta's eyes widened in horror. He fell back on the grassy field and began throwing one of his tantrums, which Tina found very amusing.

"Nuh-uh! He's gross!" he exclaimed as he threw his hands up in the air and his feet were kicking. "I wanna marry you, Sister, not some old man! Sister! Marry, marry, marry me! Marry, marry, marry me!" Asta stopped when Sister Lily held up her grimoire.

"That's a good boy, Asta," she said.

"I'm telling you, it'll never work," Yuno said to Asta, who's getting upset each passing second Sister Lily declines his proposal. "She can't marry. She's, um...Sister Lily is a woman of the cloth."

"I'm not giving up!" Asta yelled at his friend. "If you and Tina are gonna get married, then Sister Lily and I will. I'll keep asking her till I'm old and gray."

"Asta, Yuno and I aren't getting married," Tina reminded her friend, hoping that none of them see her blushing. "We're just kids."

"That doesn't mean anything! Everyone knows you and Yuno are gonna get married one day. If I'm lucky enough, Sister Lily will say yes and maybe we could have a double wedding!"

Tina wasn't sure what to say to that. Asta really is persistent and makes the impossible possible. She just gave him a small nod and said, "Well, good luck." She looked up at Yuno. "Me and you getting married?"

"Yeah, uh," Yuno began his cheeks tinting a bit. "That's what he keeps saying."

Tina smiled up at him. "Well, if that day ever comes then I'll be happy to marry you."

Yuno's eyes widened. "You will?" he asked with a bit of hopefulness in his voice.

Tina held her finger up and made an X over her heart. "Cross my heart."