Too late

The days have passed quickly to Venus. Most of them at least. The nights weren't the best, since she wasn't always able to sleep due to the terrifying nightmares she had been having. In nighttime, she would always have the same nightmare — her unexpected reencounter with Tom Riddle, who would ask for a weird man to kill her lover once he spotted him and then fight Harry Potter. They all felt so real that she would wake up. She was scared. But she never dared to tell that to anyone. Every time she had that dream, she would try her best to defend her lover and her Gryffindor best boy friend. But she would always fail one of them. Either way, one of them would die. No matter what.

With that, she decided to just hope for that to not come and convinced herself that none of that would become real. In the daytime, she would presence her stressful living nightmares — arguing with someone she really cared about. Venus and Cedric got back on her birthday, February 18th. But in less than 2 weeks, they broke up again. Why? Because they would argue every night or next morning, after the parties they'd go together.

The main reason was Draco. Cedric didn't like that boy at all. But he had his reasons: he was insecure and scared of loosing her to him. And the Malfoy boy would go to the same party of them and always ended up getting so drunk to the point that someone would have to help him, who was Venus.
"It was as if he did that on purpose", Cedric would tell himself and her.

But she felt like she needed. She needed to help Draco. Even after that rainy night and his unexpected kiss, she still had the feeling that she had to help and be there for him.

She promised him that. She cared about him.

And she forgave him. She believed he was just drunk and nothing else happened. They were okay.

Hermione has been by her side ever since the Yule Ball night, which was 5 months and a half ago. The two girls agreed on never leaving each other again, and the muggle girl understood her best girl friend's reasons for not replying to any of the letters she was supposed to write back to. Harry and Ron have gotten a bit closer to the Long girl too, just a little slower. All the Gryffindors knew about her arrival by now and would stare at her whenever she passed by their common room or near them. They still had the image of her dead or leaving Hogwarts for good — since that was their thoughts about her after Dumbledore's words.

The Headmaster apologized to Venus, even though she still felt like he was untrustworthy. She was a bit scared of him. Maybe he could kill her or I don't know what could be inside the brilliant mind of Venus Beau Long at that time. The only thing we all know is that she was incredible and would do anything to help anyone. It was very hard for her to not forgive someone or dislike someone — which is Albus Dumbledore's case. He would try to speak to her and be the nicest he could whenever they walked into each other or met. He believed she would forgive him someday. Just not today. Not so soon.

"Oh my God, Venus! Will you ever stop and make up with Cedric?" - Hermione asked, snapping Venus out of her thoughts as she stared at her lover.

"Why would I do that?" - Venus scowled at her best friend, before looking back at the boy who stared back at her.

Cedric didn't take his eyes off her for one second, while his friends chatted around him at the Hufflepuff table.

"You two have been on and off this past 5 months!" - Hermione exclaimed, slamming her book on the wooden table. "It's exhausting!"

And Hermione Granger was saying nothing, but facts — as always. Venus and Cedric kept breaking up and getting back together, before they got into arguments and that cycle would happen again and again every once in every month.

"Oh stop. It is exhausting seeing you and Krum whispering Merlin knows what." - Venus chuckled, while Hermione blushed and looked away.