Memories

What Draco and Venus had a lot, ever since that night. They had a good friendship. They were inseparable. It was the best night of their lives. They have never felt so happy. And their parents? The Longs couple saw something in the Malfoys. Empathy. Which was something very rare to find in this world. Somehow after talking all night, Lucius was convinced by Damon. They weren't different. They had a lot in common. And Narcissa and Katelyn were already good friends. They all had gotten along very well with each other.

Since that night had gone successfully perfect, the families had gotten even more close. They would visit each other a lot. Even Lucius started treating everyone more gently and with more respect, specially his son and wife. The grown ups would be attending reunions and meetings together, while the two kids would play outside at the garden. Frederick would always make sure to keep an eye on them. It still wasn't safe to let them play and hang around their own lands. He surely would come back someday. And they had to be prepared. Which was the reason of all the 'business' that kept the four parents up all night and busy at all times.

As I had mentioned, whenever Draco and Venus were at the Long Manor, they would hang around the garden behind her house.

It was a very nice and well-kept garden

It was a very nice and well-kept garden. It was quite big. There was even a labyrinth near it, but the entrance wasn't allowed. Which was the reason why Vee called it "The Forbidden Labyrinth". She tried to get in, but after less than a minute she was, somehow, caught.

There was always two or three gnomes walking around, on their way to take care of the bushes or flowers. They naturally were about six inches, but there would have to be too many of them to take care of the whole place. So Damon used the 'Engorgio Charm' to make them now almost 4 feet. He was against creature slavery, which explained why they didn't own any house elf. The gnomes worked freely. It was their own choice.

The kids loved playing hide and seek. It was their favorite game. And it was the perfect place for it. Fred would desperately seek for them, when none of them were found. They'd hide from him to see his reaction. It is quite funny, they thought.

One day, when they were both 9 years old, they got bored and decided to check out the other part of the gardening. Further in the back, there was a only very vivid green grass covering about 16 feet of the lands, with tall bushes standing on each sides as if they were some kind of wall. But the two best friends decided to go forward. Walking at the end, there were 3 paths.

One on the left, which was another entrance leading to "The Forbidden Labyrinth".