Caught

The days felt and seemed more colorful as they passed by, even with the fact that I had the same schedule literally every single day — attend to classes in the mornings, go to reunions with Umbridge later or go monitor students for her during the afternoon & when nobody else (from the Inquisitorial Squad) was paying attention to me, I'd go to the Dumbledore's Army's classes straight away. Draco and I would spend more time together now since we were the Head Boy and Head Girl of our house & also two of Umbridge's informant. And it was oddly good. I mean, it's Draco Malfoy who we're talking here. So yeah, he'd wonder out loud sometimes and ask me where I've been during the time I was away. But I'd usually say I was with Lee or studying by myself. And did he believe it? Well, honestly? Not even I know. He'd always ask twice and then hum, before changing the subject of our conversation which was kinda weird, but that is definitely not something I'd complain about. He became a bit... nicer through the days, but his ironic jokes never left, of course. But am I complaining? No. Not at all.
I liked that. For some reason, he made me feel good. I was comfortable around him. His way of being when he was alone with me was not the one I'd get to see whenever Harry was around, but it was probably the best he had and perhaps the real one. I don't believe he's actually mean. I mean, I don't know. Maybe a part of him on the outside is, but I feel like there's a soft place in him...

And Harry? Well, Harry's and I's friendship has gotten better ever. Every time I looked at him, he'd smile right back at me. We'd stay talking for a whole hour until someone needed our help in between the times we spent together with the rest of Dumbledore's army. But there were also days we didn't share any words, but only quick glances. Him and Chang seemed to have gotten a bit close, not in a friendly way, but more like a intimidating way. They'd have this touching thing that Harry would have on her whenever she had trouble when casting a spell, along with those unusual gazes they gave each other that only increased my curiosity on their relationship. He would tell me everything. He'd just deny whenever I asked him about what was going on between him and Cho or anything related to his love life, but I didn't believe him. I knew something was up and I was going to figure it out.

~~~

"Venus" — I heard somebody calling next to me.

"Hm?"

"Venus."

"Yeah?"

"Venus?"

"What?" - I whisper yelled, still not opening my eyes as I held the blankets close to my face.

"Wake up."

I felt the blankets I was holding get pushed away from my face, making me frown.

"Why?"

"Just trust me."

"Draco..., what time is it?" - I asked lowly, after I figured out who was bothering my sleep.

"It doesn't matter. Just wake up."

"I already am." - I groaned.

"Then get up."

"Why are you even here?-"

"I had an idea."

"An idea? Now?"

"I'm taking you somewhere."

My eyes fluttered opened after a few blinks taken, before my hands rubbed a bit on them to adjust my vision. I kept my eyes narrowed to meet a dark figure standing in front me. Except for its hair, which looked like it was light — since it was Draco.

"What time is it?", I asked once I was sat on my bed with my arms crossed in front of my chest.

"Fifteen to 11 pm."