On Cam

tags: classmates taekook lol, a love story thru online classes and zoom meetings bc y not, a failed attempt at humor, crack, a lil fluff on the side, whipped jk, kind of tsundere tae, but their fools inlove so yea, idk even kno what this is tbh ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

leggo i guess
___________________________________________

Chemistry.

Taehyung has always had a soft spot for science, especially for chemistry. Not only were all of his science teachers the most understanding and considerate ones, but the subject really did peak his interest as a student. Even if it can get a little hard sometimes with all the elements and terms he had to store in his mind, he genuinely enjoyed it.

Until the pandemic started.

Now, it's not really anyones fault that covid decided to destroy his last year in college and ruin it by barging into the world uninvited. Online classes can be fun at times, especially if you're stuck all alone in your apartment.

If only Jeon Jeongguk would stop flirting with him, maybe he'd enjoy his chemistry classes. But no. Because out of all the students that could've been his classmate during chem period, it just had to be him.

They weren't even friends to begin with.

It all started when Taehyung joined the zoom class 30 mins early, just cause he really had nothing to do. Besides, his old professor would always open the link an hour before their actual class, so he thought he could use some company.

It's fruitless though, because professor Choi doesn't even notice him there, can't even hear him too since he doesn't have his headphones in. He's too busy squinting his eyes as he looks at his phone, seemingly struggling with some app he's got open.

Mr. Choi eventually huffs in frustration, the evident crease on his forehead deepens, age getting the best of him as the man stands to presumably head else where, leaving Taehyung alone on the call.

He thinks about leaving the call, to just maybe rejoin 25 minutes later on their actual period, but then another participant pops up on his screen.

"Hi."

The boy smiles at him,—wow, he's pretty cute—bunny like teeth showing, nose crinkling as he adjusts the hood of his jacket. Taehyung gets a glimpse of silver hoop earrings adorning the other's ears, a few tattoos visible on his hand, but it soon disappears from his line of sight.

"Hey.." Taehyung greets back belatedly, biting the insides of his cheeks when the boy's smile widens, eyes shining. "Where is Mr. Choi? I thought he'd be here."

"Oh, yeah–well, he's still in the call, but he left his computer and.. I don't know, did something else I guess." Taehyung explains, watching as the other nods and hums at his words.

After a pause, the boy looks at his screen once more, a small smile tugging at his lips and god if he doesn't stop smiling like that—

"So, you plan on introducing yourself or no?"

Taehyung raises his brows, bemused.

"My name is right there. On the screen."

"Yeah, but self introductions are better."

"It's useless."

"It's fun."

"You're not making any sense."

"And you're cute."

Taehyung blinks, unmoving. "What?"

The boy—Jeon Jeongguk, as his display name says—chuckles in amusement, lips twitching as he leans forward and rests his cheek on his hand. He looks terribly handsome, full of charisma as his eyes never leave Taehyung's face who blushes infront of his camera, cheeks pink even in the poor quality of his webcam.