'Cause I'm in the Stars Tonight

tags: age swap, (kind of) illegal drinking hehe, newly boyfriends taekook being cute and just bickering, college dorms au,crack, and (kind of) fluffy

HAPPY 1 BILLION TO DYNAMITE !!!
___________________________________________

"You're joking right?" Taehyung laughs nervously, hiking his bag up higher on his shoulder with a cautious smile as he scratches at his brow while they walk into Jeongguk's room.

Jeongguk snorts. "Nope, not at all."

His smile drops at that, eyes turning a tad bit timorous. "I'm not doing that, hyung. We're not doing that."

"Why not?" There's a pause in their step as Jeongguk turns to him, hands in his pocket as he chews his gum languidly.

Taehyung takes a short moment to gather his thoughts, blinking obtusely at his boyfriend. His boyfriend. Huh. He still needs to get used to using that term when he's referring to Jeongguk from now on.

Especially when your dumb best friend upgrades into your boyfriend overnight. Well, not completely overnight, because there certainly was pining and a few stupid quarrels between them before they just grew a pair, and decided to finally confess to each other for heaven's sake. Which was only about 2 days ago, might he add.

Although of course Taehyung loves this man and feels rather deeply for him, he'd thought that he'd be able to deduct the word dumb from Jeongguk's title. But no, because he's now proven to be wrong when his dumb best friend, turned into dumb boyfriend, comes up with dumb ideas.

God, he's so in love.

Taehyung exhales a long breath, nostrils flaring. "Why not?? Uhh... because we're literally breaking dorm rules?? And we have our finals tomorrow? So just why on earth should we climb to the roof and get shitfaced at 1 in the morning???" He asks incredulously, brows raised in a way that has the other smiling at him warmly.

"Because we're boyfriends now, and I told you that we'll be having our first date tonight, didn't I?" Jeongguk says as he steps closer, lifting a hand to press his thumb down on the crease of Taehyung's forehead gently, physically making his frown disappear. "Besides," He brushes his hand on his cheek softly as he speaks. "When have we ever even followed the dorm rules? You, definitely don't. Not when you were just screaming my name so loud the other nigh—?"

Taehyung is slapping a hand on his mouth before he even gets to finish that sentence, but the message is pretty much clear as day, judging by the widened and horrified eyes of the younger. "Don't even think about saying anything else about that, or I'll be kicking you out the window right about now before we even get to the damn roof."

Jeongguk laughs like the jester that he is, prying the hand away from his mouth and lacing their fingers instead, tugging lightly. "Alright, fine. But is that a yes to my offer?" 

Taehyung rolls his eyes, but there's a small smile playing at the corners of his lips that's already making great fondness bloom in Jeongguk's chest. "And just what exactly do I even get out of this?"

"Like I said, a date." Jeongguk says, brows wiggling charmingly. When Taehyung only stares at him with a blank face, he's quick to add. "Free beer too, maybe a kiss or two if you'd smile for me."

The younger squints at him, but relents with a defeated sigh. "You're lucky I like you, Jeon."

Jeongguk grins triumphantly. "Yeah... I really am." He answers quietly with a shrug, not giving the other much time to respond because he's already pulling him closer towards their open window, hands interlocked. He grabs Taehyung's bag for him, tossing their belongings up the roof for more movement space.