#21

Rosé returned home from Nayeon's Friendsgiving dinner feeling like she was on Cloud Nine. It definitely hadn't turned out the way she was planning; it turned out to be so much more than that.

After Lisa's surprising declaration of love for Rosé, the two had reveled in the few minutes they got to spend alone in Nayeon's room before heading back downstairs to spend the rest of the night with their friends.

Much to both girls' relief, Mina had already left when they returned to the living room. Momo muttered something about how Mina claimed to be feeling sick, but by the way Momo rolled her eyes, she knew that Mina had been lying. Rosé wondered if all of the girls had heard the yelling going on upstairs, especially Lisa's confession.

When she had finished helping Nayeon in the kitchen after dinner, she had gone upstairs to use the restroom, but as soon as she reached the landing, she heard Lisa's voice followed by Mina's. That alone immediately made her halt in her tracks. She didn't want to eavesdrop, knowing that she should trust Lisa to make her own responsible decisions, but when she heard Mina being relentless, Rosé couldn't control herself when she stepped into the room. The sight of Mina leaning in towards Lisa made her stomach churn and her body heat up in anger, even though she saw the fear in Lisa's eyes and her hand up in defense. It took every bit of strength in her body to not grab Mina and pull her back.

Once Rosé had spoken up, it was Mina's eyes that grew with fear. She knew she had been caught doing something she shouldn't. As Mina left the room, Rosé's anger grew and she turned on Lisa. What would have happened if Rosé didn't show up? Mina could have easily disregarded the fact that Lisa was pushing her away. The thought of someone else's lips on Lisa's made Rosé infuriated.

However, all of that rage had disappeared in an instant as soon as Lisa said those three little words. Rosé hadn't realized how long she had been waiting to hear them and even thought that she would have to wait so much longer. In that split second, Rosé's heart swelled and she knew that she wanted to hear Lisa say those words for the rest of her life. It just felt so right, like everything had fallen into place.

Still replaying the night's events in her head, Rosé made her way into the kitchen of her own home to drop off the empty dish that she had taken to Nayeon's.

"Someone is in a good mood," Mace chuckled as he stood at the counter and poured himself a glass of orange juice. "Did you have a good time tonight?"

"Yeah, it went really well," Rosé answered as she set down the dish and tried to hide the giant grin that had been plastered on her face for the past couple hours.

"Glad to hear it. Those girls always know how to make my girl smile," her dad said as he pulled Rosé into a side hug. "And I think you might be even happier when you get up to your room. There's something waiting on you up there. Your mother and I will be in the living room," he smiled before walking away.

As soon as her dad was out of sight, Rosé sprinted up the stairs to her bedroom. She had no idea what would be waiting there, but she was determined to find out as quickly as she could.

When she opened the door, nothing stood out. There was no huge present on her bed or a sign that read "look at me!" pointing to anything. She furrowed her brow and she stood and looked around her room for a moment, not finding anything out of the ordinary.

Finally, she walked over to her closet and opened the double doors, being met with nothing but her clothes and shoes. She closed the doors and made her way to her dresser, opening a few drawers but coming up empty handed. It's not like she really thought anything would be hidden, but she was running out of ideas.

Just as Rosé was about to go downstairs and ask her dad what he meant, she spotted a large white envelope sitting on her desk on the far side of the room. She immediately rushed over to it and read her name in what seemed to be tiny print compared to the size of the envelope. Her breath caught in her throat when she saw the logo in the top left corner.