#22

"Jendeukie this dress looks ridiculous on me. You're supposed to be good at this," Rosé scowled at her best friend as she stood in the open door to the dressing room.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," Jennie laughed. Rosé was right. The puke green dress the girl was standing in looked awful. The puffy shoulders didn't help, either. "I thought maybe it would look good with your eyes, but nothing can save this thing."

Rosé huffed as she rolled her eyes and turned back around into the dressing room, closing the door behind her. She was getting irritable and if she didn't find a dress soon, she thought she might spontaneously combust. She had been dragged around the mall all day, trying on more dresses than she could count and still couldn't find a single one that she wanted to buy. There were some she liked, but none of them were perfect enough for the winter dance. She just wanted to look perfect for her girlfriend.

Girlfriend, Rosé thought to herself and smiled for the first time in what seemed like hours. She still couldn't believe that Lisa was officially hers. After months and a rollercoaster of emotions, they were finally in a stable relationship. Even though they had only made it official less than two weeks ago, it felt like they had been together for years.

Rosé was aware that they were still in the "honeymoon phase" of their relationship, seeing as it was so new, but whenever she thought that things couldn't get any better, Lisa was always there to show her just how wrong she was. Just like a few days before, Rosé had to cancel her date plans with Lisa because she felt too sick to get out of bed. When she called the younger girl to regretfully inform her that they wouldn't be able to go out that night, Lisa was more than understanding. Then, not even thirty minutes later, the Thai stood at Rosé's front door with a stack of movies, tea, and medicine, insisting that she was going to take care of her girlfriend.

Not only was Lisa surprising Rosé with generous gestures whenever possible, which Rosé reciprocated just as often, both girls were easily more understanding of any obstacles or uncertainties that came in their way. Having been through so many ups and downs before they were even in an official relationship, they knew how to read each other. Lisa was acutely aware of Rosé's fear of losing her again, which resulted in jealously towards anyone Rosé saw as a threat. As much as the older girl tried to hide it, Lisa knew it was there and knew exactly the right words to say to remind Rosé that she wasn't going anywhere. On the other hand, Rosé knew that Lisa was sometimes weary that she wasn't good enough, so she did her best to make Lisa feel reassured and wanted. Both girls had learned from the past and it had just made their relationship stronger than either could have imagined.

"Do you have that damn dress on yet or not?" Jennie called into the dressing room just as Rosé was pulling the thin straps over her shoulders.

"This is it, Jendeukie," Rosé said as she opened the door. "This one better look great because I'm not trying on any more today," she said as she turned around so Jennie could zip up the back of the dress.

Once Rosé pulled at the piece of fabric so it was situated just how she wanted it, she smoothed out the front with the palms of her hands and looked up. She was met with Jennie staring at her in awe.

"Holy shit, Rosie," she older girl said, looking Rosé up and down. "This is definitely the one. Lisa isn't going to be able to keep her hands off of you," she smirked.

Rosé turned so she could look at herself in the mirror and realized that Jennie was right. This dress was definitely the one. The black fabric hugged her body in all of the right places and the corset-like top showed just enough skin for her liking.

"Damn, I do look good, don't I?" Rosé chuckled as she turned in the mirror to check out the back, noticing how good her ass looked in the dress.

"See, I do know how to pick out some good ones," Jennie teased, taking a few steps forward into the dressing room to stand behind Rosé, who was still checking herself out in the mirror. "Now get changed so we can go meet up with the girls and eat," she smacked the black-eyed girl on the ass and winked, grabbing the discarded dresses as she made her way out so she could go hang them back up.