Twenty four

Gina dropped her phone and sat on the bed. Toby had called, inviting her to a party but she had turned him down.

She's fed up with everything going on in her life.

She wanted a job and money.
She got money, which can get her everything she wants but she's not happy.

What's the next move?
She thought.

She had packed her bag, she had told her sister they're going back but she don't want to, she's not ready to face her mum yet.

She picked her handbag and her box and left the room.

Stephanie was sleeping on the couch, she slowly sneaked out and entered the elevator.

She walked to the lobby and sat there for awhile.

Then she boarded a taxi and gave him a direction.

She wanted to stay in a guest house for some time and figure out what next to do. She thought that at least, there, Liam or Seth won't find her.

She checked in and stepped out after dropping her box to have a drink or two.
That part of New York seemed less busy. It's filled with couples, holding hands and enjoying the beautiful views. The street is filled with cool restaurants, coffee houses, then she saw a saloon, then another line of restaurants, then bars.

She strolled for some more minutes, enjoying the view. She's not the travelling type, it would've been a nice thing to do.

She stepped into one of the bars and sat on the long stool and placed her order.

She looked around the bar, everybody was busy being happy.
She smiled at the bar tender and took the drink from him.

Should I open a business?
What business?
She thought.

She thought of things she knows how to do and how she could turn it into a business.

Or should I invest on something?

She rubbed her head and sucked out the remaining drink in the bottle.

Another bottle was placed before her, she looked at the bar tender,
"It's on me",
Gina smiled, "thanks",
"Welcome. You look new to me, first time?", He asked cleaning a tumbler,
"Hmhm", she said, nodding.
"Welcome to our neighborhood", he winked and Gina felt shy, he left her to tend to another person.

Gina stared at him, he's just like those bar tenders in the movies, why are they always sexy?

She was thinking when someone snatched her phone,
"Hey!!", She screamed and jumped down the stool but someone caught the thief before he escaped. He pushed the thief against the wall after a blow and took the phone from him, then pushed him out of the bar.

Gina stood there watching the whole thing, her heart beating against her chest, not because of the thief but

Seth?

He walked towards her, he was wearing a cap, Gina tried to look closer and make sure who she's seeing,

Omg Seth! What-

"How did you-",
"I told you to stay in the hotel",
He said grabbing her hand, she snatched her hand away from his.

Seth noticed people looking at them, he pulled down his cap and dragged her out of the bar.

"Stop dragging me!", Gina said and forcefully snatched her hand out of his and ended up on the ground,
"Are you okay?",
Gina got up and dusted her body,
"How did you find me?", She felt a sting on her elbow,
"Were you following me?",
Seth dressed his cap and took a deep breath, he doesn't even know what he's doing.
He had ordered his men to keep an eyes on her.
When they told him she left with her luggages, the first thing that came to his mind was to go after her.