Chapter Twenty-nine

Gina turned and turned till she felt something bubbling up to her mouth. She ran to her bathroom and threw up.

She sat there for awhile, when she wanted to get up she felt her hand gave up and she fell with her elbow hitting the marble.

She felt sharp pain but there was no blood.

She sat there for awhile, battling in her mind, trying not to listen to her instincts.

When she went down for breakfast, Nora was about to go for grocery shopping and her mom was giving her a list.

"I'll be late", Nora said and picked her bag,

"let me go", Gina offered stopping Nora in her tracks.

"why?", Nora asked, surprised,

"are you okay?", Geraldine asked, Gina composed herself,

"of course, I just want to get some things from the super market, so", she said and took the list from Nora.

She went up stairs and changed into a dress and went down again.

"you're not taking breakfast before leaving?", Geraldine asked,

"no, I'll be back soon", Gina said with a smile and turned to leave,

"are you sure you're okay?",

Gina turned and nodded.

When she opened the door, Trey was about to knock.

"hey",

"hey", Gina said surprised,

"Good morning Mrs. Geraldine!", he shouted,

"Good morning Trey, how was your night?",

"fine ma'am, how was yours?",

Gina rolled her eyes as they exchanged greetings.

Trey offered to take her to the store since he was about to go to the same place.

Gina smiled at everything he said on their way and after some time he stopped when he noticed she might not actually be fine.

"are you okay?", he asked and Gina looked at him,

"do I not look okay?", her voice sounded mean which is unintended,

"no..i mean..sorry",

"sorry, am just...okay", she said and twisted her fingers, then looked away.

She tried to shove the thought forming in her head away cause it's very scary. She prayed so hard in her heart.

They stopped at the super market first. Gina got down first and went in without waiting for him.

Could I be pregnant?

Oh God please

Please no

Please!

She went straight to get the dipstick. She saw Trey and changed to another lane.
She asked for the bathroom but it was being cleaned. So she had to pick a tooth paste and body cream.
She went to the cashier and Trey was there already with just a can of beer.
She dropped the cream and toothpaste, Trey offered to pay for them but she insisted he should not with a smile. He nodded and left. She dropped the dipstick and paid for everything.

She entered his car and thanked him and he nodded. Gina noticed she could have embarrassed him, but she doesn't care, she could be in deep shit.

They entered the grocery store and she told him to go ahead while she make use of the bathroom.