Chapter Thirty

"it ended sooner than I thought", Liam said and collapsed on the sofa,

"it should've ended two weeks ago", Seth said losing his tie,

"Kate left earlier, you really did her wrong",

"she wasn't of any use after all", Seth said and walked inside the room,

"don't you think you're being too hard on women, loosen up bro!", Liam shouted.

Seth came out of the room minutes later, "where are you going?", Liam asked,

"I need to go somewhere, go on without me", he said and left, Liam sat there wondering where he could be going that is so urgent.

>>>><<<<

The snow was getting heavy day by day, Gina was woken up by the sound of laughter. She heard Trey's voice but she couldn't get herself to get off the bed.

When she was able to get up around eleven, the sun was up but the weather is still cold. She went downstairs and a big tree caught her eyes and she knew immediately that it must be Trey who brought it. It has been long since they last celebrated Christmas with a Christmas tree. She went and touched it.

She heard someone's voice and looked out through the window and saw Trey talking with their neighbor. She opened the door and pretended she was going to the backyard,

"hey, Gina!", she heard him call but pretended she didn't hear him,

"Gina?!", he called again, now close

"yes. Hey", Gina answered and turned,

"uhmm....we want to shop for Christmas gift, so I was wondering if you'd come with us", he said as smoke puffed out of his mouth.

"Sure", she said and he extended his hands towards her, she took it and they hopped into his truck and his son was there.

"Tyler, say hi to Gina", he said buckling his seat belt,

"hi", Tyler said,

"hi', Gina said back, "he's so cute", she said and they smiled.

They went to the mall first and then to the town centre which was filled with people, Christmas songs were playing out loud, restaurants are filled, people smiling and children playing. They found a space in a restaurant and ate then went to the gift shop and then to the chocolate shop before they decided to go home.

When Gina got back, her mom and Stephanie were in the kitchen, she joined them for awhile before going up stairs.

She got out a small package Trey had given her and wondered what could be in it.
She sat on her bed and loosed the ribbon. A necklace glimmered in the light. She smiled and felt her heart tickle. She loosed the necklace she was wearing and put the new one on. She stood up and stared at herself in the mirror. It reminded her of when Seth got her a necklace, she got lost for a second but the sound of the telephone downstairs brought her back. She heard her moms voice and decided to go down and know what's happening.

She saw her mom sitting emotionlessly on her chair and Stephanie was on the phone. She waited for her to end the call.

"what's it?",

"Nora was arrested",

"what, for what?",

"I don't know yet", Steph said and grabbed her jacket and left.