𝙤𝙣𝙚 || 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

• * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • *

"Two of our students are applying to UA, and one already got in based off of recommendation. Isn't that exciting?" You remained silent as one of your teachers blabbered on about how proud she was of the kids that were going to one of the most prestigious high schools in Japan. The other kids cheered as she named the two applying. "Katsuki Bakugou and Izuku Midoriya are both applying to the hero course this year!"

The kids around you snickered as the teacher mentioned your brother. "Isn't he quirkless?" the girl next to you whispered, "Like he's ever going to get in with no quirk." The insults and laughter continued while Izuku kept his head in his arms, a shade of red coloring his face.

"And (y/n) Midoriya got into the hero course on recommendation!" You glanced up at the mention of your name. A solemn expression remained on your face while the class applauded your success.

You heard the screech of the desk behind you where Bakugou sat. When the explosions and yelling began you quickly tuned them out with an aggravated sigh.

• * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • *

You picked at your food in silence. It was peaceful until your mom broke the quiet of the room. "Where's Izuku? He never came back from school. Didn't you walk home together?" she questioned worriedly.

"He's probably fine. I heard him get into an argument with Katsuki." Though you were never once actual friends with the hot-headed boy, your mom still thought you two were really close - even though he and Izuku resented each other. You were indifferent to their petty hatred.

You thought to bring up that he told Izuku to take a swan dive off a roof, but you decided otherwise when your mother continued to fret over your brother. No need to make her worry even more.

"Oh, are they alright? Could you go check on Izuku? (y/n), grab your phone and quickly run to see if your brother is okay."

You groaned and rolled your eyes. You wonder if she's ever worried about you like this when you didn't come home. Probably not...

• * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • *

"Where in the world have you been?! Mom's been worried sick!" You eyed your brother up and down checking his wounds and the dirt that covered his face. "Also, what the hell happened to you? You look like you just got beat up."

Izuku's eyes widened and he stuck up his hands by his head. "N-no I was just-"

"Oh, god. Don't tell me Bakugou did this... He's gone too far this time..."

Suddenly your mom's head popped through the front door. "Izuku, sweetie, you're back! Oh my goodness what happened to you?"

"Mom we're kinda in the middle of something right now." You sighed as she ignored you, holding onto Izuku's face and checking for any injuries. "I'm going out for a bit," you whispered.

Either nobody heard when you slammed the front door shut, or they just didn't care.