𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚 || 𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊

• * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • *

"When are you leaving?" Izuku asked when he opened the door to your room. You were busy packing most of your belongings into two large luggages.

"In the morning before school."

"Do you know who?" he asked, entering the room even further.

You stopped throwing clothes into the bag and turned towards him. "What?"

"Do you know who's going to adopt you?"

You sighed and shook your head. "If I knew I'd tell you. But I have all these documents I need to sign right now in order to change my last name and for the transfer of guardianship to be official so could you please leave me alone."

"O-oh okay..." He was about to leave your room but he stopped at the door. "(y/n), I'm sorry. I should've said something earlier to save you from all this pain."

You didn't respond and let him leave the room with a solemn look on his face. It's not all his fault but he still could've tried to stop it or at least tell you what was happening. You're supposed to tell each other things; that's why you're siblings... At least, you thought you were.

• * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • *

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

You groaned and let your head leave the comfort of your pillow as you slammed your hand onto the alarm clock, shutting off the annoying sound that rang in your ears.

The time read 5:40 am. You had to wake up early so that you didn't miss class. Somebody was supposed to come to pick you up in only a few minutes. Your mother didn't know that though. You scheduled for an earlier pick-up time so that you wouldn't have to face her just yet. Izuku was going to come out to say his goodbyes though.

You stood up and walked tiredly over to the bathroom to get changed. As soon as you were done there was a knock at your door. Your brother's voice was heard, "Um, (y/n)... They're here already."

When you opened the door to your room you were met with a teary-eyed Izuku, making you feel guilty for ignoring him the night before. "Hey. It's okay. It wasn't all your fault," you whispered, pulling him into a hug. "We can still see each other during school. It'll be fine."

"Tell mom I said bye..." you whispered, pulling away and picking up your bags.

"Yeah, I will. I'll see you at school." He gave a small smile as you waved and left the house.

• * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • *

Rain trickled onto the window as the car came to a halt at a red light. You tapped at your phone, checking messages from Izuku that were wishing you luck, and missed calls from your mom. There were a few voicemails from her asking why you didn't say goodbye.

Izuku: mom said the guy you're going to live with is somebody you know?? 6:03

Izuku: i don't know what she's talking about.. 6:03

Izuku: good luck (y/n)!! ( ̄▽ ̄) 6:19

You: um what?? 6:31

You: ty i'll see you later at school 6:33

As the light turned green you shut off your phone. The car drove a few more blocks before slowing down in front of a house. The woman driving the car turned to look at you. "This is it. Do you need to go back to get anything else before I leave?"

"No, I have everything I need. Thank you." You opened the door after thanking the driver. That's when you realized you forgot your umbrella at home. Maybe you do need to go back. "Actually, do you have an umbrella I could use?"

When she shook her head you decided to just go for it and got out of the car, squinting to avoid getting rain in your eyes. You ran over to the back of the car and grabbed your two bags. The rain started to pour down even harder making it so that it actually hurt when it hit your face.

Then you had an idea. you closed your eyes and tried to control your breathing. Soon, the rain stopped hitting your body. a smile reached your face as you realized you just created a strong wind current to make a shield from the rain.

The engine of the car started and before it left it honked loudly. You were startled out of concentration, falling onto the ground as the rain started to pour down again. You looked down and rubbed at your eyes. Suddenly, the rain stopped hitting you again. Did it stop raining already?

You opened your eyes and saw someone holding out a hand for you to grab. In their other hand, they were holding an umbrella over your head. "Are you going to get inside or what? I have to get to class early today. Just leave your stuff in the empty room."

When you looked up you were met with a familiar face. "...Huh?!"