𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭 || 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢

• * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • *

"I could hear you talking to me about Shouto in my sleep. What the fuck, Denki? What if someone had been listening outside the door?" you hissed out quietly as soon as Denki came into the hospital room.

"You're the one talking about it when he's only a few feet away," he whispered, pointing to the other side of the room where Shouto was asleep on the chair next to your bed. He didn't even know you were awake yet.

Before you could give another response someone else came up from behind Denki and went up to you, gently putting their arm around your shoulder and laughing along. "Hey, (y/n)! You're all better, right?" Ashido? God, Denki better not have- "So, what's this I hear about you liking someone?" Her laugh became mischievous when you didn't respond right away.

"I don't know what you're talking about," you denied, glaring at Denki and making him smile sheepishly. "And quiet down. He might hear you, Ashido."

"First of all, call me Mina. Second of all, pretty boy looks passed out over there. I don't think he'll hear me."

You looked towards the door as someone knocked. It was your mother, lip wobbling as tears fell from her eyes. "Do you mind giving us some privacy?" she asked, glancing at Denki and Mina.

"Oh. Uh, sure... see you in class, (y/n)." You waved as the two left and shut the door behind them.

She looked over at the boy still asleep in the chair next to you. "Is he going to-"

"He's fine there. Why are you here?" You impatiently looked away when she didn't say anything for a few minutes.

"I just wanted to apologize. For the way I treated you when you were still with us," she said, more tears falling as she sniffled. "It was horrible of me, and I don't expect you to forgive me right away. But I-"

(I hate doing this to Inko bc I love her but I need the plot :'))

"I don't."

She looked up. "What?"

"I don't forgive you. Not only did you make me feel unwanted, but you made me feel like I was pathetic. That something was wrong with me. I grew up thinking that my mother didn't love me because I had a quirk and my brother didn't. Do you understand how stupid that sounds? And then I learn that I was left at your doorstep as a baby and you didn't bother saying anything until I was in high school and got a phone call telling me you were giving me away!"

"But-" She was cut off by shuffling in the seat next to you.

You shook your head, quietly asking her to leave, "Please just go, mom."

Shouto opened his eyes as soon as she left. "How long have you been awake?" you asked, pleading in your head that he didn't hear anything when Denki and Mina were still in the room.

"Since she came in."

You sighed in relief before realizing that meant he had heard about all your family drama.

"I'm not going to say anything if you don't want me to. I'm satisfied just knowing that you're okay," he said, making you forget about your mom and bringing a smile to your face.

You were able to return to class as soon as you were released from the school medical center. Recovery Girl just wanted you to relax for a while when it came to training. You also noticed that Shigaraki's quirk that you had stolen from him was no longer usable. It wore off as soon as you woke up.