𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 || 𝚖𝚘𝚖

• * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • * • *

There was silence within your house. Except for the small sobs escaping you - everything was quiet. Izuku stared at the ground, guilt written on his face as he bit his lip to prevent himself from saying anything else.

Your crying stopped abruptly when you heard a key enter the knob of the front door.

Mom was home.

She stepped into the room with two bags in each arm. Everything immediately fell out of her arms when she saw the look on your face and the sadness in Izuku's eyes.

"And when exactly were you planning on telling me?" you asked bitterly. You clenched your fists and looked up at her with tears blurring your vision. "When I was about to leave?"

"Honey, I-"

"Don't. I'm going to pack my bags so you don't have to deal with me anymore. I'm sure that's what you want." All you did was glare at her as you began to leave.

Izuku was about to say something but she beat him to it. "That's the exact look he had on his face when I said I couldn't keep you here..."

"What?" you whispered, looking back to see fear on your mother's face.

"The man that left you here. I said I couldn't handle having you in my house but he-"

"What the hell are you talking about?!" New tears formed in your eyes and Izuku gasped from behind you. Apparently, this was news to him as well.

"I don't know who he was! But he told me to take care of you because he wouldn't. At first, I said no but he had such a dark look on his face that I had no choice..." She had begun by yelling but as she continued her voice trailed off into a whisper. "He thought you were quirkless. He said you were useless to him without a quirk."

You opened your mouth to say something but nothing besides heavy ragged breaths of fear came out.

"He came back one day. That's when I figured out he was a villain. He wanted you back because he found out about your quirk. I was prepared to give you up then but I just couldn't let him take you when I found out who he was..." There were tears running down her face when she finished. So she didn't even want me to begin with.

Silence filled the house once again. You were shaking. This time it wasn't from anger, but fear. "W-when will I be leaving..?"

"(y/n), you seriously have nothing else to say?!" Izuku was crying too.

"Are you going to answer my question or do I have to call back the adoption center and ask myself?" At the aggression in your voice, Izuku backed away.

"We can arrange for him to pick you up tomorrow."