Chapter Fourteen: Was That Him?

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragments || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: WAS THAT HIM?

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

Diego entered the building first while you, Five, and Lila followed him from behind. You looked around the place in awe. "Fancy, fancy." Five quickly grabbed a glass of wine from a waiter and sipped it as he looked around. You took your hood off and eyed the chocolates that were one in a small bowl on a table. You looked everywhere first before sneakily getting few chocolates, quickly stuffing them in your mouth, and continued to follow Five from behind as if nothing happened.

Five glanced at you, almost spitting out his drink but snorted to see your cheeks puffed up, full of chocolates. You pouted at him. "Fwhat?" Five smiled and you swore your heart just skipped a beat. He leaned in and remove a chocolate stain on your lips with his thumb. "Next time, don't take too much if you can't fit it inside your mouth."

"I fucking love chocolates, shut up." You stuck your tongue out a bit.

Diego stopped in the middle of a hallway, looking around. "I don't see Dad anywhere."

"Just keep an eye out for the Majestic Twelve." Five said. "Me and (Y/n) got upstairs."

"But I want near the food." You frowned, your chocolates finally finished.

"You'll get your food once we're done." Five said. "Diego, try not to do anything too stupid."

Lila chuckled softly. Five took your hand, so casually, that you have to look down as he dragged you out from the crowd while Diego grabbed Lila before she could follow you and Five. You and Five with his glass of champagne went upstairs to go look around. You suddenly stopped when you heard faint music. Five stopped too when you froze on your spot. "(Y/n)?"

"Music." You whispered. "It's been a while since I've heard music. It... feels nice."

Five looked around to see if the Majestic Twelve have arrived but noticed they weren't here yet. He took your arm and got inside a room. You were about to ask what he's planning until he pulled you close, his hands resting on your waist. You blushed furiously as he brought your hands up, placing them on his shoulders while his other hand rested on your waist too. "What are you—"

"Dad insisted us to learn ballroom dances." Five smiled. "Just saying."

A smile slowly formed on your lips, remembering a quote. "One never knows when the paso doble will be the difference between life and death... children." You said softly. Five paused before nodding. "There you go. You're finally remembering."

"Thanks for finally, but slowly, saying what my real memories are." You told Five. "I don't care if they were traumatic or sad, those past experiences made me become who I am today even though I still don't remember most of my real memories. I bet I was badass before this all happened."

Five chuckled. "You were. And you still are."

You stared at him as you two unknowingly sway as the music goes on. You were mesmerized with those green eyes and you could tell he's tired and wanted to get this done to live peacefully without any problems. Your hands moved a bit to his neck, wrapping your arms around you as you felt a little bit comfortable. "This is so weird." You realized before softly laughing.

"Well, you were the one who stopped and listened to the music."

"Well, you were the one who dragged us here in an empty room to dance."