Chapter Twenty: We Should All Talk To Dad, You Little Gremlin

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragments || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER TWENTY: WE SHOULD ALL TALK TO DAD, YOU LITTLE GREMLIN

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

You walked up the stairs to find Five pressing the elevator's button. He stood straight, looking stressed and somehow scared or uneasy. Five's eyes looked up to see you panting and out of breath. He suddenly remembered the Handler's words.

"Your return caused almost losing her life."

You didn't utter a word and just stood beside him. Five saw some blood in the corner of your lips and he wondered what happened to you. "You got—"

"Were you ever going to tell me?" You asked, interrupting him.

"Tell you what?"

"About Dad experimenting and freezing me."

Five blinked, surprised that you knew it so quickly. "Well I was about to after this dinner but it looks like you rememb—"

"I didn't. Luther told me."

Five sighed, rolling his eyes. "Of course he did."

"At least I got a confirmation that you were planning to tell me."

"Well, I did tell you I'm going to help you remember."

"Just wished you could've said it sooner."

"Would you have handled it better?"

You were silent. It took some seconds to let out a response from you which was just a shrug. "Depends. Probably hit you."

"Why me?"

"There's no one else to hit other than you." You sighed before looking at him. "I just really wished you could've said it sooner."

"I'm sorry." His apology was genuine as if he wanted to cherish every second of this moment. "For everything. You're right. I should've said it sooner. I was a shitty friend ever since I came back to your life and you don't deserve a shitty treatment."

You stared at him in disbelief. "Five fucking Hargreeves is fucking confessing and being soft right now. My eyes and ears are probably deceived right now."

Five sighed. "I want to say every word I want to say to you because I want to cherish every single second that I am with you right now. I don't care if I look or sound like a soft guy today, tomorrow, or the next few week, months, and years. I just want you to know, right now, that I am sorry."

You were speechless but you smiled. "Well, if you want to savor every second you're with me then I accept your apology. We only have few days until the apocalypse so I might as well forgive you than being dead and angry at you."

"We'll live and stop the apocalypse. Trust me."

The elevator doors finally opened. You and Five stepped inside and he pressed the button. As you waited for the doors to close, someone stopped the doors from closing. "Wait up."

It was Diego. You smiled at him while Five stared at him in surprise.

"Hold it." Allison got inside and was surprised to see Diego, you, and Five. She looked behind her to see Klaus stumbling to get inside and behind her was Vanya. "Hey, everyone." Klaus greeted with a flask of alcohol in his hand and has glasses on even though it was evening.