Chapter Seven: Your Name Is A Number

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragments || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER SEVEN: YOUR NAME IS A NUMBER

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

You watched as the two Hargreeves men with Elliott and Lila checked out the footage projecting, that Five asked for Elliott to develop hours ago, on the projection screen. You glanced at Nico who was still in disbelief of what happened to the door moments ago. Elliott was tied into his chair, his mouth gagged, his legs were tied too that made you feel bad. Lila was polishing the old man's toenails with green nail polish while Five was focused on the screen and Diego was looking bored.

"Do you really have to tie him?" You asked sadly to Five, referring to Elliott who's trying to get out from the ropes.

"It's either that or him shooting us." Five responded with a glance.

"Why are we watching this?" Diego asked Five.

"Shush." Five replied with an annoyed tone that Diego seemed to take as an offense. "Okay, when (Y/n) asked you answered with even a glance and a softer tone while I get the cold shoulder?"

"Jealous?" Lila snickered.

"I am not jealous."

"Shut it, both of you." Five hissed in annoyance. Lila snickered softly before glancing at you, her smile slowly disappearing. 'Hmm...'

"Yeah, I... I'm Dan Frankel. And..." The old man from the footage introduced.

"I'm Edna Frankel." The old woman, presumably the old man's wife, introduced behind the camera. "We are in Dallas, Texas, to see the president."

Diego's head looked up from the old couple mentioning the president. The old couple continued to talk. "Today's date is November 22, 1963."

Your eyes widened and so did Nico's. "That's six days from now." Nico deducted as he turned to Five. "What the hell?" Lila looked up from her work too as she got interested.

"Holy shit. This is it." Diego softly gasped.

"This what is?" You asked confusingly.

"The grassy knoll." Diego described. "Kennedy's about to get shot."

Nico's jaw dropped. "Get what?!"

Diego turned to Five. "How do you have this?"

"Hazel died to get me this footage." Five explained as he glanced at Diego. "It must be the key to stopping doomsday."

You stood up from your seat, pulling Nico away from the others earning a glance from Five. You checked on Nico who has his hand placed on his forehead. "Hey..." You softly called out. "You alright?"

"Uhh... seeing you busting that door open with no pushing and then this-this footage from six days from now that's telling Kennedy will be dead, how can I not be okay? This is all too much, (Y/n)."

"Hey, I understand, okay? I don't even get them and what's happening but soon there will be answers. We'll understand everything soon." You comforted Nico with a hug causing the young man to chuckle. "Sometimes, I forget that you're just a teenager and younger than me. You talk like my mom or something."

Then you both heard a gunshot from the footage. You and Nico returned to the group when Five rewound the tape and then paused it. He brought the projector farther away from the screen to zoom on whatever the two Hargreeves boys saw. You looked closer to see an old man with black attire, a black hat, and a black umbrella. You also saw a monocle with him. "This can't be," Diego muttered softly.