Chapter Sixteen: Prepare For Company

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragments || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: PREPARE FOR COMPANY

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

"That's pathetic," Diego told Luther who just told his story about how he encountered Reginald the day he went to his house.

"Yeah, well, at least he didn't shank my ass," Luther muttered as he ate his scrambled egg.

You, Five, and Diego were sitting at the table with Luther. Luther and you were eating while Diego and Five just listened. "No, bro, he shanked your heart." Diego replied back.

Five looked at Luther with somehow sadness. Luther shrugged as he chewed his scrambled egg. "Mm." He hummed.

Elliott entered the room and has his jaw hung open. "Is that my bathrobe?"

You accidentally choked on your food and ended up coughing. 'I knew that bathrobe was too familiar.' You snickered mentally.

Luther stared at Elliott, frozen, and has his mouth full of scrambled eggs. "No."

"Look, who cares what he shanked?" Five questioned everyone. "He knows something about time travel."

"Um..." Elliott raised his hand. "Wait, why don't you just do your thing and, uh, time travel us out?"

You stared at Five, considering Elliott's suggestion but Five dismissed it with a sigh and stood up from his seat. "Anyone care to explain?"

"First time he tried, he got lost in the apocalypse," Luther explained.

"Second time, he ended up without hair on his balls." Diego continued on earning another choke from you.

"Last time I tried, I scattered my family across three years in Dallas, Texas, except for (Y/n), possibly triggering a doomsday." Five ended the small explanation as he poured more coffee into his cup. "Any more questions, Elliott?"

Elliott shook his head. "Uh, no."

"Well, I do but I'll ask later." You whispered as you sipped your coffee.

"You're missing the big picture," Diego said. "Dad is the ringleader of a sinister cabal that's planning to kill the president."

"A cabal?" Luther asked.

"Ignore him." Five said. "Look, the way I see it, we only have one option."

"Oh, yeah? And what's that?" Luther asked again.

"It's time to get the Umbrella Academy back together."

"Oooh." You softly gasped. "Like a family meeting?"

"Hell, yeah. Family meeting." Diego muttered.

"Okay, then, can one of you get Allison, please?"

"Why don't you get her?" You asked with a tilt of your head.

"Things... are complicated."

"You two still a thing?" Diego asked. Luther didn't answer causing Diego to lean a bit against the table. "Do we need to talk?"

"No, she's married."

"Whoa. Dude, that's rough."

"Good for her." You shrugged as you brought your plate to the sink. "Not good for you, though."

Luther chuckled. "I can handle it."

"Can you imagine waiting or looking for the woman you love and just ended up learning about them being with someone else?" You sighed sadly, sipping on your coffee.