Chapter Four: He's A Kid Like Her!

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragments || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER FOUR: HE'S A KID LIKE HER!

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

"I'm heading out!" You exclaimed as you fix your hair. You weren't really used to this 1960s style of fashion because you were sure you belonged on a different timeline. Like 2019. But since your brain is so messed up, making you confuse, you shrugged it off and told yourself that maybe you do belong in this timeline and your brain's probably imagining things.

"And where are you off to?" Elliott asked, his eyes focused outside.

"Just walk around the area. I need to get used to this place. Maybe even buy some paint nearby." You said before taking out a mug and pouring some coffee in it, drinking it fast.

"You're gonna do redecorate?" Nico asked, his feet on a table while he reads a newspaper.

You shrugged. "Maybe. If I don't feel lazy. I'll be back soon, don't worry."

"Stay safe out there!" Elliott exclaimed. "Be careful and look left and right if there's a car."

"Yeah, yeah, I will." You grabbed your things and head out, exiting the room then the building. You went to a different exit, not the alleyway exit, missing the gunshots near the alleyway.

Nico, who seemed unbothered with the gunshots since he didn't hear them and was too focused on you being safe he stared at his newspaper before placing it down and turning to Elliott. "I should be with her, right?"

Elliot slightly chuckled. "Oh, you worry too much, Nick. Let her roam around the place."

"Just worried that she might get into danger if—"

"She can clearly take care of herself." Elliott interrupted. "You are being protective over nothing."

"It's just that... I don't want to see her hurt." Nico sighed, his chin resting on his palm. "This is probably my second chance to prove to myself that I can save and protect someone. I don't want (Y/n) to end up being hurt."

"You know, it looks like you two have been warming up now. You treat each other like family. I like that." Elliott stated earning a smile from Nico. The older man turned to the window and saw between the curtains to see a young boy scratching his nape. "What the—?"

"What?" Nico asked.

"There's some kid in a uniform like (Y/n) wore when she first came here. Is he like her brother or something? Classmate?"

Nico took his feet off the table and stood up, walking towards the window to look what Elliott's seeing. "Huh. Maybe."

The boy looked up, seeing Nico and Elliott causing Elliott to panic. "Shit, Nick. What should we do?"

"Do you have a gun?"

"What?!"

"Just to protect ourselves!"

"The boy's just the same age as (Y/n)! He's a kid like her!"

"Are they really? Are they really kids? Cos we both noticed (Y/n)'s behavior and she doesn't really act like a goddamn kid."

Nico looked back at the window to notice that the boy is gone. "Shit. He's gone."

"He's gone?!"

"Elliott, stop panicking!" Nico exclaimed in a whisper tone.

"I'm not panicking, you're panicking!"