Chapter Twenty-Three: No Way In Hell Am I Leaving You Behind

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragments || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: NO WAY IN HELL AM I LEAVING YOU BEHIND

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

Your eyes fluttered open as you noticed you were sleeping on the couch with a blanket around you. You rubbed your eyes tiredly and looked around to spot Luther softly snoring on a chair. He gave you his blanket before falling asleep. Your eyes furrowed as you got confused. 'Why was I taking a nap?' You sat up and stretched your arms out. You somberly gazed at Elliott's empty room, completely missing his presence.

"You and Nico coming to my life felt like I experienced having children. Except you two are old already. One's 18, and the other one is probably 30 who's in a 16-year-old body. But it felt nice."

"Thanks for being here, Elliott. Thanks for existing. If you weren't here, I would've been homeless."

"Thank you too, kid."

Suddenly, someone opened the refrigerator, a soft rattle was heard causing you to jump in surprise while Luther suddenly sat up straight, waking up from his small nap. "Five?" Luther asked.

You stood up, rubbing your eyes again. You saw Five without his blazer on and drinking water from the fridge. Your eyes widened in surprise. "Five?" You asked in worry as you watch him gulp the water down as if he was in a hurry. Luther followed you and then saw Five as well. "Five, what... you okay?"

Five glanced at both of you as he finished the water. Five gasped heavily as he finished the whole bottle and returned the empty bottle back to the fridge. "I'm gonna need to be hydrated."

"Hydrated?" Luther questioned.

Five walked towards a table and grabbed a bottle of baby powder. He poured some on his armpits while you stared at him in awe, softly snickering. "What's with the baby powder, lil' gremlin?" You asked.

"It'll help with the itching." He answered as he poured the powder on his other armpit.

"What itching?" Luther asked. "There's itching? What the hell is going on here?"

Your eyes widened as Five poured some baby powder inside his shorts. You cleared your throat, quickly looking away, as you scratched the side of your neck. Luther then gasped. "You do have a plan."

Five jumped a bit, exhaling sharply. He grabbed his blazer and walked out of the room. "Well, it's a desperation move, but... since our brain-dead siblings are incapable of meeting a simple deadline, I got no choice."

"I never knew about the old plan." You pointed out. "What was the plan before?"

"Five got a briefcase but we just have like an hour to bring all of our siblings back to the alley," Luther explained. "The others were informed but didn't come. It was only me, Five, and Klaus. We also couldn't find you, so..."

You nodded in understanding. "But if Allison, Vanya, and Diego did came and still couldn't find me, will you all go without me?"

"Of course not." Five suddenly answered. "No way in hell am I leaving you behind."

You smiled a bit, a small blush forming on your cheeks. Luther faced at Five. "You have no choice about what, Five? What are you going to do?"

"I have to find myself."

You cocked an eyebrow. "Five, this is not the time for self-reflection or finding of what's your purpose in this world—"

"That's not what I meant." Five flicked his watch open to see the time then shut it close when he's done and brought it back to his pocket. "I just arrived in Dallas 15 minutes ago."