Chapter One: You Look Lost

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragments || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER ONE: YOU LOOK LOST

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

"Oh, God." You groaned in pain as you sat up, rubbing the back of your head. You looked around on an empty alleyway, the sun shining too bright that you have to shield your eyes. You stood up, weakly walking away but paused when you briefly heard something flashing. You turned around to see a camera. 'What?'

You continued your way out of the alleyway to see cars passing by and people looking a bit... odd. You spotted a newspaper across the street so you walked across the street, reaching out for the newspaper. Picking it up, you looked for the date. "Wednesday. August 28, 1963." You read out loud.

Suddenly, someone bumped into you causing you to lose your balance and ended up falling on the road. A car was about to hit you until a stranger pulled you out from the road. A young man was holding your arms, glaring at the driver who didn't even bothered to apologize then to the other stranger who bumped into you. He looked at you, dusting your shoulders off. "You alright, girl? People nowadays are rude."

You nodded, looking up to see the stranger who saved you. You couldn't really see his eyes but you could see his lips and nose. He was wearing a blue tattered baseball cap and some jeans matching his jacket. "You could've died. Watch where you're going. Not all people care about helping you."

"Thank you." You said kindly, standing up with the help of the stranger. "Uhh, sir? Is the year really 1963?"

"Yeah. Is there something wrong?"

'I remember being in 2019. Was that a dream or not?' You shook your head as a response to the stranger's questions. "No... no I don't think so..."

"Are you going somewhere? You look lost. Aren't you supposed to be at school?"

You gave the man a confusing look before looking down at your clothes. 'These clothes look familiar. And why the hell am I wearing a uniform?' You shook your head. "I-I don't know. My head's kinda... fuzzy."

"Do you want me to bring you to a hospital?"

"Erm... no thanks. But rest would be enough."

The man scratched the back of his head. "As much as I'd like to take you to a house to let you rest, I don't have one. Still finding a home to stay."

"You're lost as I am." You smiled. "Well, at least we've got each other now, sir."

"My name's Nicholas. But you can call me Nick." The young man smiled back. "You got a name?"

"(Y/n)." You introduced. "Just... (Y/n)."

"Let's get inside a building. It's pretty hot out here in Dallas, Texas."

"We're in Dallas?"

Nick gave a look of concern at you. "Did you hit your head or something? You don't even know where you are."

"I—"

"You two kiddos lost or something?"

You and Nick turned around to see a middle-aged man with bags of groceries in his arms. He looked like he hasn't have enough sleep for years as if he was finding for some answers. "Come inside. I'll give you two some water. I-It's a little bit messy but just don't mind them, please."

He led the way while you and Nick exchanged some looks before following behind. You saw the same building where the camera is and you immediately looked at the man suspiciously. The older stranger set his bags down, taking out his keys and unlocking the door that said Morty's Television Radio Shipping & Receiving.