Part 1: Living in London

I am so excited to finally release the first part!
I am so insecure since I am new to writing but I fell in love with this storyline and I hope you will like it too, please let me know! I've been writing the whole thing for a month and I feel like I always have something to change and if I don't release it now, I never will - so here it is.
Y/n = Your name
Y/l/n = your last name
—————————————————

It is seven o'clock. Londons streets are getting busy and everyone is starting their day. Your alarm went off just a few minutes ago and you slowly started to wake up. You're rubbing over your eyes with the back of your hands because of the bright light that comes through the big window in front of your bed. The sky isn't as blue as it was yesterday but it still looks beautiful outside. To be completely honest, you never were quite the early bird but when you moved out to study at university, it was time to grow up a little. Your parents weren't there to make sure you leave the house on time, which meant you have to organize yourself.

Painfully, you pulled away the sheets and sat up - with your bare feet meeting the fluffy grey carpet underneath. Already missing the warmth of your bed, you told yourself that it was time to get ready. Since you were only wearing a white tank top and black shorts you quickly grabbed your bathrobe, which was lying on your desk chair, and slid into your slippers. Thankfully, your dorm room included a private bathroom. The walk to a shared bathroom would be too long for early hours like this. You got ready and after putting on some natural-looking Make-up you felt like your day could start.

You were wearing a black turtleneck shirt, blue jeans, and black little heels. Golden Jewellery is giving your look an expensive touch, even though most of your clothes and accessories are from H&M and other small retail shops. Why spending a lot of money when you could achieve the wanted look like this as well, right? Not to mention that, as a student, money wasn't growing on trees and you had to set your priorities straight. You put our hand on your stomach when it started growling - it's breakfast time. As you opened the white door of your room you could already smell the scent of... pancakes!

„Good Morning", The soothing voice of Leah made you smile. Your flatmate was already up cooking for you two. Since she won't have any lectures today, she decided to make you some breakfast. And in comparison to you - she was definitely the early bird that catches the worm... you were the worm for most of the time. She figured, you wouldn't have too much time to make yourself something big and didn't accept you eating a little bagel from a bakery for the fifth day in a row.
„Hey, girl.", you stepped into the kitchen. „How can I help?"
„No, no, no. Not possible. Sit down and let me serve you. You did this for me last week, so it's my turn now.", she gave you a smile, which you returned. You've lived with Leah for almost three years now. You started together as the new ones and in a few months, you're leaving to start a career. Over time, you two got along better and better. She wasn't only your flatmate or your friend - she was your ride or die.

„So, what's the plan for today?", she asked, while pushing a strand of her blonde, shoulder-long hair behind her ear. A few of her ear piercings were showing now and you loved how the golden color reflected the light. You and Leah always exchanged information about your courses, since they were a little different. She studied fashion design and you admired her creativity and talent while you studied journalism.

„I mean, it's the start of the very last semester and I heard from other students that they always include some work experiences. We basically learned everything we have to know, so to make sure we can actually survive the industry, they will give us some opportunities to prove ourselves and develop some business connections. I really hope I get an internship somewhere cool!", you explained to her and went for your mug with the hot coffee in it, to warm your hands.
„Y/n, I've read so many articles of yours, don't even worry about it! I already imagine you interviewing all of the celebrities!", she jokingly put her hand to her heart. She meant it, though. She was probably your biggest supporter along with your parents.
„Yeah, yeah - one can only dream..", you sighed. Yes, obviously your dream was to work for a big magazine one time. But now that working in the journalism industry gets more realistic, it frightens you. What happens if you end up writing articles about the making of bread or something? You wanted to see the world, the events, premieres, and celebrities and be a part of big magazine productions.
„And remember... If you meet-"
„Yes, Leah. If I meet girl in red - by any chance-, you'll be the first one I call.", you cut her off and you both started laughing.
„And I swear to god, Leah. If you don't-"
„- save you a seat in the first row of my fashion show, you'll kick my ass? Yeah, I know.", she giggled. You loved mornings like this and you started being a little bit sad when you realized, you only had her by your side until graduation. After a while, you both finished your breakfast and the timing was perfect. You brushed your teeth and helped Leah bringing the dishes into the kitchen.