Part 7: Meeting Family & Friends

Italics are flashbacks

„y/n! If you spend any more thoughts worrying about today, I'll have to make you stay. It's going to be fine. It's his mother's birthday party and like his whole family is going to be there, no biggie. Trust me.", Leah tried to calm you down for hours now, while you were doing your make-up. She sat behind you on your bed and you looked at her through your mirror. "Leah, I love you but you're not making anything better right now."

"I just think it's too early for our relationship.", you explained the cause of your worries. "You've been dating for more than two months. Yes, it might be early but don't you just want to appreciate his decision to introduce you to his parents, y/n? Trust me. From what I've heard he honest and wouldn't do this if you wouldn't mean the world to him. And well, you said yes to this last week."

"Did you get mom a birthday present yet?", Harry asked Tom who shook his head and laughed. You came over to Tom's and the four of you ordered Pizza. Harry rolled his eyes at Tom. He took another bite of his slice of pizza when he looked at you. "You should come as well.", Harry said. You looked confused, thinking you overheard anything. "What do you mean?" "Our mom's birthday is in a week. I'm sure they would love to meet you" You looked over at Tom with a questioning look on your face. You didn't answer because you didn't know if this is what Tom would want as well. "I thought about that too, you know. Wondered if you'd like to meet my parents?", he said. "Really?", Tom nodded and grabbed another slice of pizza. "Yeah, definitely. But only if you'd feel comfortable doing that." You smiled and nodded. "I would love to, Tom." His eyes crinkled at the corners and he looked more than happy when he deeply looked into your eyes. "Okay, can I have the last slice?", Harrison interrupted and brought himself into the conversation.

"There is no turning back, you're going to this birthday party and his family will love you.", you turned around on your desk chair to look at her and Leah just knew what you were thinking. "Are you kidding me? I've dated him for two months and can I remind you that it was you who did the stalking? You told me that his Ex-girlfriends are like super pretty and famous and whatnot. I can not keep up with that. They will label me as a fling and get over it." Before your worries could form into a panic attack, Leah made sure to calm you down: "I said it before, I am saying it now. I'll whip your ass. Go and put on your dress."

You made a painful expression on your face and stood up to go change. You put on a beautiful light blue dress, which you paired with golden jewelry and a small black shoulder black, matching your black little heels. Your hair was styled in your favorite way and you felt really good, looking at yourself. When you left the bathroom and went back to Leah, who handed you the flower bouquet for Tom's mother and some chocolate, you got earlier that day.

"Gorgeous! Come on, I'll give you a ride. You're not taking a tube all the way up to Kingston looking like a snack. And obviously I need to meet Tom. He is meeting my best friend after all. We'll see if he's good enough.", Leah grabbed the keys from the counter and walked out without giving you a chance to contradict.

You basically had bees in your butt and nervously moved your leg up and down during the whole ride. "This is it, y/n.", Leah parked the car and you started to text Tom immediately without even lifting your head. He couldn't pick you up himself because he helped his family to prepare everything, so he told you to let him know when you arrived. He knew how nervous you were about meeting his parents and didn't want you to go through that alone.

"Which House is it?" Leah pointed to your left. "No, this can't be it." On your left was a restaurant that looked liked it was mostly used for private events. You expected the address to be the one of his parent's home. "How big do you think his family is? He's not going to have 15 secret siblings I didn't know about, is he?", unconvinced you shared a look with Leah who looked like she was holding back a piece of information that's going to shatter your whole world. "I mean, did you never consider him having aunts and uncles and cousins? Grandparents?", Your eyes widened to an extent that probably wasn't healthy anymore. "That's not possib- They are not going to be in there right?", while you were about to hyperventilate again, Leah couldn't believe how nervous you were. Usually, you're the bold type. Not scared to do karaoke in a full bar, give out your number and meet whoever. But right now, you were freaking out. "Isn't his mom turning 50 or something? I guess she's celebrating big. And I guess when Tom said you're gonna meet his whole family, this is what he meant. No time to freak out anymore, y/n.", you turned your head to Leah who looked out of the window. "There he is, darling. Your prince charming.", Leah joked and pointed to Tom, walking out of the building, wearing a grey suit.