Part 6: Mornings

The sun made its way through the window, all the way up to Toms Bed. The warm light blinded your eyes and gently woke you up. A quick look at the watch on Toms nightstand let you realize, that it is only seven o'clock in the morning. Leah would've attacked you by now. You noticed Tom's arm laying lightly around your waist and the warmth radiating from his body towards yours makes you smile. You can't believe you guys slept in the same bed together but you surely didn't mind a bit. You fell asleep with a certain distance between you but during the night you two kind of attracted like magnets. As you turned to your left, you saw his face looking extremely peaceful and just too cute to handle when he's sleeping. His brown little curls were hanging down on his forehead and with your right hand, you moved one strand off his face. You spent at least a few minutes just looking at his face. After that, you carefully lifted his arm to try to escape from his grip around you.

You didn't want to put on your clothes from yesterday again, right away, so you decided to quickly take a look into Tom's wardrobe. You were already wearing his big plain black t-shirt, which he handed you before going to sleep. You only picked out some short grey joggers and your way to the kitchen, you tried to be as quiet as possible since you didn't want to wake up the boys. After making a stop in the bathroom, you quickly checked the living room to see if Harry and Harrison fell asleep on the couch but it seemed like they made it to their rooms - only god knows when. On the counter in the roomy kitchen, you saw a little Bluetooth box and you connected your phone to put on a little bit of music - not that loud, though. As „Martin & Gina" by Polo G started playing, you put the dirty dishes from the last night into the dishwasher and started to clean the top of the kitchen counter with a cleaning rag, while moving your body to the music a bit. It wasn't your home and surely no one expected you to help in the household but it gave you the feeling of normality.

The kitchen looked clean soon and you checked the watch - it's only half-past 7. Everything goes by way faster with some music. You cooked some eggs, prepared the bread, cold cuts, and chopped some fruits - all neatly presented on the dining table. The last song ended and „Boyfriend" by Ariana Grande started playing.

Since you always needed your little caffeine kick in the morning, you started making some coffee. While the coffee machine was brewing, you got out plates and cutlery, as well as mugs, and placed them neatly on the table. You poured yourself a cup of coffee and took a sip of it. With the mug in your hand, you walked over to the big patio doors and opened one of them to let in the warm summer morning breeze. After looking into the beautiful garden, that's glowing in the morning light, you started - quietly - singing your favorite part of the song.

„Damn baby I'm a train wreck, too. I lose my mind when it comes to you. I take time with the ones I choose and I don't want a smile if it ain't from you. I know we are so complicated-"
Caught in the song, you sing and dance your way back into the kitchen, but when you turned around and sang the next line, you weren't that alone anymore.
„Loving you sometimes drives me crazy-", you stopped singing when you suddenly saw Tom standing in the kitchen looking at you smiling.
„Oh-"
„Good Morning, love", he said.
„I... I made breakfast.", you changed looks between the table and Tom.
„I hope that's alright, I didn't know if I should but I thought you'd be hungry-", you tried to explain.
„Yes, it sure is", Tom laughed and stopped you from losing yourself in words. „I bet the boys haven't seen a nice breakfast like that since ages- neither have I honestly... Are those my clothes?", he finished his sentence confused and pointed at your outfit.
„Yes, uhm. I know, I should've asked, but you looked so peaceful when you were sleeping... I didn't want to wake you up."
You waited for a reaction from him but he didn't say anything. Instead, he stepped closer, until there was almost no space left between you two, and put one of his hands on your waist. The other one took the mug out of your hand and placed it on the kitchen counter. He didn't stop looking into your eyes the whole time. He leaned in even more and looked down at your lips before you placed yours on his to close the gap between you. Your lips moved in sync and he gently placed a hand on your cheek. You kept him close, resting your arms on his waist, while you both got lost in the kiss. You didn't stop kissing when he moved your body back a little until you were now leaning with your back against the kitchen counter.

„Tom! What smells so good... Did you try to cook? If you burned everything, I'm gonna scream-", Harrison said while walking into the kitchen.
Tom and you stopped and he took a step back, while you were just looking down to the ground. Both of you were smiling because of the situation, though.
„Oh god. Did I interrupt anything?", Harrison asked, acting innocently.
„No... No, you didn't Harrison. In fact, I was just about to ask, if you want to join", Tom said sarcastically and laughed.
You blushed a little but laughed it off as well. Even though you were a little embarrassed, you knew that Harrison is Tom's best friend, which means they are gonna handle the situation very casually.

"So, for how long did you stay up last night?", Tom asked him. "I can proudly say that it almost eight o'clock in the morning and I got a total of 4 hours of sleep", he said, way happier than anyone would in his situation. He clasped his hands together and euphoric asked: "Do we have coffee?" You nodded as an answer and pointed to the coffee pot.

„Nice Style, y/n", Harrison said and checked out your outfit.
„Well, thanks a lot, Sir Lagerfeld", you jokingly made a curtsey.

„Harry, you little shit, wake up already!", Tom shouted out of nowhere and you were shocked for a second. You sat down, as Tom insisted since he didn't want you to do more in the kitchen. You did enough and more than that, he said.

Harry made it downstairs quickly, gasping when he saw the dined table. "Y/n we're officially keeping you.", he said and earned a smack on the head from Tom. You just chuckled and took another sip from your coffee.

You enjoyed seeing the three boys talking and laughing at the table, so early in the morning. You were happy seeing Tom happy and you wanted this to last forever. Tom caught you smiling and looking at them and gave you a little wink. After a while, y'all finished eating and the boys wanted to clean everything this time. You headed towards the bathroom to get ready and Tom's bedroom and changed into the clothes you wore yesterday, to go home again. You didn't have to go to your internship, since it was the weekend but you felt like it was time to leave. You couldn't stay over forever and there was a bit of work left for you to do in your dorms.

You heard a knock on the door, just when you put on your second shoe.
„Can I come in?", you can hear the muffled sound of Tom's voice asking through the door.
„Sure, I'm done.", he came in and closed the door behind him.
„So you're going home already?", he asked. You stood up and smoothed your trousers with your hands.
„Uhm, yeah. I should head home and work on some things.", you explained and he nodded.
„But I really enjoyed the evening and the morning, Tom. Thanks for letting me stay overnight.", you continued.
„Well, I hope it won't be the last time, y/n", he said but a hint of questioning was definitely hearable. „It won't."

He walked you to the door, and when you were about to go outside, it was time to say goodbye.
„Let me drive you to your dorms", he suggested.
„Oh no, don't be silly. The tube is like 10 minutes away from here and I don't mind walking for a bit. But thank you!", you said.
„Alright, then..", he went in for a tight hug, with his arms around your hips and yours around his neck. You inhaled his scent before he let go. You thought about kissing him for a second - because you really wanted to - but you didn't. You weren't sure enough about that right now, so you left.

Starting to walk down the sidewalk next to loads of beautiful houses, you enjoyed the nice weather and remembered every single moment from yesterday. Just after a few minutes of walking, you stopped in the middle of the way, just looking at the concrete path in front of you. You made a turn and walked back. You almost ran into an elderly woman but managed to stop right in time. To prevent any second thoughts you walked as fast as your little black heels allowed you to - straight heading back to Tom's house. You rang the bell and waited in front of the door nervously, with shaking legs, until it was finally opened.
„Y/n? What are you doing here again-", and Tom was interrupted by your hands on his neck, pulling his head into a soft kiss. He wrapped his arms around you and his lips moved against yours. After you two stopped kissing, you looked at him.
„Alright, now I'm really going.", you said smiling, quickly turning around, and left him standing there overwhelmed.