Part 10: drivers license

Italics are flashbacks

It's been three months since you and Tom decided to have everything settled before focusing on your relationship again. It's been longer than expected. He was currently press-touring for his new movie cherry and you've seen every Interview and every article since then. His funny Instagram-Storys with his Co-Stars made you smile every time. You loved seeing him living his dream. Acting is his passion and the fact that he is so successful and has so much fun makes you proud.

You successfully graduated from university and as Mrs. Wilson already predicted, you got offered a real job at Vogue. While you expected to stay at your little desk, they needed someone new and young as the second ‚Youth fashion journalism representative' and you got moved into your own office. It was big and light and everything you've ever dreamed of. You made progress quickly and you too can say, that you're pretty successful - the hard work and... sacrifices finally payed off. You can't wait for Tom to get back, so you two can finally catch up and talk for hours about everything that is going on. It's been such a long time. It was pretty hard for the both of you to reduce the contact between you but it was what was best.

Today was one of the days you really had to try hard to stay away from your phone. Everything you wanted to do was to grab it and call him. While he was away you did your part of your bet and took your driver's test. You made it and you just left the place to pick up your driver's license. You looked at it and were so unbelievably happy because you remembered the little late-night drive of you and Tom like it was yesterday.

This wasn't the plan but you grabbed your phone and scrolled through your contacts. You stopped at his number and started the call. You were so excited to tell him that got your drivers license, just like you both always talked about. Tom was always talking about you being able to come to him, whenever you liked.

„Hello? Y/n?", you hear Toms voice saying. You can hear how loud his surroundings are through the phone. He must be outside right now. But everything you can focus on is the well-known sweet British accent, which is anchored in your head - in your heart.
„Hey Tom, i wan-"
A giggle in the background interrupts you and you stop walking down the sidewalk. That wasn't someone you know. Not his brothers for sure. That was a girls voice.
„Sorry, you cut off, what did you say?", Tom asked.
„No, uhm... Tom, who is that?"
„Who? What do you mean?"
„Tom. Come on."
He doesn't answer.
„Are you with that blonde girl?", you asked and when he didn't answer your heart broke a little.

"This is such a cute picture of you and Harry", you said, while scrolling through his Instagram. It was nighttime and you and Tom laid in bed, not able to sleep. Your upper body was leaning against Tom's, while he had his arm around you. He saw you admiring the pictures he posted and pressed a kiss on your head. After a while you stopped at a picture of a blonde girl, wearing a crop top, blue jeans, and a hat. In the caption, Tom described how beautiful she was. She truly was beautiful. "Who's this?", you said, not wanting to sound jealous. "My Ex.", he said. "Please don't be mad at me. Don't worry about her. We broke up two years ago. I only left the picture up so it wouldn't cause a scene on the tabloids. She's like a mutual friend and we didn't break up on bad terms.", you just nodded. "She's gorgeous.", you said. "Not as gorgeous as you are. If it makes you uncomfortable, I can delete it.", he offered but you shook your head. "No, it's fine." But it wasn't fine. Seeing that he's been in relationships before is fine. But seeing this pretty girl, who could most definitly be a model made you insecure. Doubts about being enough for him were following you since then. But he said it.. don't worry.

„You told me, I shouldn't worry about her, remember? But I get it, she's so much older than me, she's your age, and more beautiful, probably way more intelligent than me."
"Let me explain-"
„I got my driver's license today, I just wanted to tell you that. Remember how we talked about this moment? Because I do. But that doesn't seem to matter now."
You immediately hang up and headed towards the Vogue building.

After the horrible call with Tom, you went back to work. It feels like your brain is flatlined. He possibly met his Ex. Was it just a talk or was it a date? He promised to stay loyal. The both of you did. Since he didn't want to tell you who the girl was, you didn't expect anything positive. You were sitting in your white chair, with your arms on the desk in front of you, just staring onto the top of it. Totally caught in your thoughts someone interrupted them by knocking on your door.

„Y/n, that was the last article we had to plan for today. I love the outcome! I'll bring it to Mrs. Wilson in a second to show her and I'll send you a message about her opinion."
„Thank you so much, Vivian.", you smile and she closes your office door again.
What do they always say - Lucky at your job, unlucky in love.. or something along the lines.

Since your work is done for today, you decide to spend the last thirty minutes browsing around on the Internet. To get Tom out of your head. But as you expected, your whole YouTube recommendations are full of videos of him. Usually, you liked being up to date about his life but now it's just making you sadder. You miss the smile, which you now can only see on social media. You scroll further down and a video by a „drama-channel" pops up.

Tom Holland spotted kissing a mysterious girl

And then Video, after video showed up, addressing the same situation.

Mysterious blonde girlfriend of Tom Holland

Tom Holland and blonde girl seen together again after 2 years

They didn't break up?! Does this confirm Tom Hollands relationship with blonde girl

You can't believe your eyes. A picture of Tom kissing his Ex is on every Video-cover. You click on a video from a celebrity news channel and the guy starts talking...

„Tom Holland was just seen today kissing a mysterious blonde girl, which pretty much seems to be the same girl, as, in those Instagram pictures, Tom shared with us two years ago."
The familiar pictures appear on your screen, along with the captions he wrote underneath.
Don't worry, he said. Don't worry, you remember.
„So did they break up and now got back together or were they in a relationship the whole time? Either way, they seem really happy and no one can deny how cute they look together! We all couldn't wish for anyone else along his side, I believe. He seems more than happy and probably ready to settle down! I am totally ready for this new dream couple and I can't wait for Tom Holland to finally reveal who his one and only true love is. As soon as we know more, you'll get updated!"

After the video ended you see yourself crying on the black screen. You replay the video. The words reverberate in your head over and over again.
The sound of receiving a message brings you back to reality. On the upper right corner of your Mac, you read the good news from Vivian. Mrs. Wilson liked it. You quickly shut down your computer and grab your bag. Usually, you would've tidied your desk or the next day before leaving but everything you can think about now is Tom.
The blonde girl. The family friend. The one who's as old as him. The one who's also an actor,
No wonder he went back to her. Who would be as perfect as her as a girlfriend?

„Girlfriend.", you laugh to yourself under your sadness.
What would you do for him to call you that.

You walk through the corridor on your floor straight to the stairs. You run down and walk out of the big doors.

***

You're lying in your empty bed in your new home. You moved in a couple of weeks ago after the internship at Vogue turned into a full-time job and you had to leave the accommodation offered by your university. You expected that you would've been out of this studio by now again, on your way to move into Tom's house. But you're going to sleep alone every day. It was a lovely place but it was not Toms. Thinking about how he possibly is spending the evening in his bed next to someone else right now, tears you apart on the inside. You start to remember the nights when you were staying over at his, even when he was working until late in the night and you were there to wait for him - it never matter for how long.

„Hey, darling. Are you still awake?", he quickly steps into the room, whispering to you. You turn around in bed and face his direction.
„Yes, I waited for you.", you answered, struggling to keep your eyes open.
„You're crazy, it's so late.", he leaned over to give you a kiss on your forehead.
„Come to bed, already.", you whispered and mumbled, as you were extremely tired. He quickly got changed and went to the bathroom to get ready. After a few minutes, he slipped into the bed under the blanket.
You quickly lay down in his arms, with your head on his chest.
„Good night, babe. I love you.", he said and closed his eyes. "I love you, too."