Part 5: Movie night

Italics are flashbacks

Tom came back from his trip a few days ago. While he was traveling, he made sure to text you every day and call you as often as possible. Your feelings for him grew immensely over the past two weeks and whenever you thought about him or Leah brought him up in a conversation, you felt like a teenager that was having a big crush again. The admiration you had for this guy was unmissable.

Today, you're invited to his place for a movie night. He lives with his best friend Harrison and Harry, one of his brothers, which meant you'll get to know two very important people in his life and that made you unbelievably nervous. At the same time, you felt like a bigger group would maybe make it less awkward and it would allow you to loosen up a little.

"Just bring something comfortable since we'll be chilling on the couch the whole time. You can change here then... since you gotta take the tube", he teased. You rolled your eyes and smiled. "Yeah, yeah no driver's license yet, we get it. Thanks for reminding me."

"Leah, do you think these are okay for a movie night with Tom?", you held up black sweatpants that came along with a matching top and jacket, after knocking on Leah's door. She looked up from her sewing machine and chuckled: "Those look great. See, I told you, you'll need a good combination one day. You look awesome and comfortable, what else would you need?", she said. "So you're staying there for the night, huh?", she wiggled with her eyebrows and as a response, you threw your clothes at her. "Not happening tonight, his best friend and brother will be there." "Yeah but after they-" "They live there, Leah. You won't get any details about that soon - it's not happening." And with that, you didn't allow any further comments and went back into your room to get ready.

Even though he told you to be all comfy, you couldn't leave out a bit of jewelry since this was the first time you gonna see him after your first date and you wanted to make another good impression - you just felt a little more put together like that. You put on the black top and jacket from before, along with some black flared pants, and put your bag over your shoulder, all ready to walk to the tube.

From the last station, you had to walk for a few minutes to Tom's house and with every step, it felt like your palms were getting sweatier and your knees weaker. When google maps told you, you reached your destination you looked up and stared at the house in front of you. After a few steps, you reached the wooden door and knocked three times. You did it as quickly as pulling off a band-aid to avoid your nerves from stopping you.

When the door opened you felt like your heart was going to stop. But different than expected it wasn't Tom. Nor was it Harrison, who you've already met at the interview. A tall red-brown-haired boy with curls and freckles stood in front of you.

"Oh hey, you must be y/n.", he said. "Yeah. It's nice to meet you.", you laughed lightly. "Harry right?" His face lit up and he stepped aside to let you in. Considering him holding a bowl with Popcorn in his hand, the smell of a real movie night overcame you just the second you walked in. "Yeah, nice to meet you too. I'm one of Tom's brothers - and the coolest one of us all, by the way.", he said. "Sure, I mean Tom's not that great.", you joked and before you were able to ask where he was, a loud "She's right, he isn't!" interrupted you. "Hey, y/n. Glad to see you again.", Harrison when he pulled you into a quick hug. You appreciated how laid-back the two of them greeted and talked to you. "So, the man of the hour - our big businessman - is currently taking some calls because he's like famous or something", Harrison explained and rolled his eyes. "What a dick.", Harry quickly added, while throwing popcorn into his mouth and you laughed. "You can change into something more comfortable in the bathroom down the hall and come back to us in the living room. And then we gonna start the movies!", Harrison sang the last part excitingly and you followed the way his hand was pointing to.

You changed into your black sweatpants and when you opened the bathroom door again, Tom was waiting outside for you. "Hey.", he whispered and you screamed because you didn't expect him to be there. You hit his arm and said: "Are you crazy? God, my heart dropped." He laughed at you and then hugged you tightly in the dark corridor. "Has been long. I'm happy you here." You pulled away and looked at his face, visible because of the little light provided by the bathroom lamp. "Me too. Come on, let's join the others", you said and gestured for him to go first.

The boys put on Deadpool first to start the evening with something fun while you all were still wide awake. In between Tom, Harrison, and Harry made comments or crackled up, and sometimes, you found Tom moving a bit closer to you. After a while the bowl of popcorn got emptier, the table messier and your head landed on Tom's shoulder with his hand resting on your knee. He drew small circles on the fabric of your sweatpants while he joked around about the movie.

When you were halfway through the fourth movie it was half-past two in the morning and you really struggled to keep your eyes open. Harry was already snoozing next to you and Tom's head now rested on top of yours - while Harrison watched Jumanji with the hyperactivity of a little child. A big yawn escaped your mouth as you shifted next to Tom. Noticing your movements and tiredness he turned his head and whispered: "Tired?", and you nodded, as you put your head back on to his shoulder. "Me too. I think, we all will head to bed soon", he quietly replied but you just grinned and nodded towards Harrison, eating popcorn and enjoying the movie completely awake. "Don't mind him, he slept for like 5 hours in the afternoon. He'll keep this party going until sunrise. And this div-" A loud slap on Harry's thigh made - not only you - but especially him jump. "I think we have to put this little one to bed.", Tom laughed while Harry rubbed his thigh, struggling to open his eyes completely. "Y/n, run as long as you can. This motherfucker is a pain in the ass.", Harry advised and laid back again to close his eyes again. You laughed weakly since tiredness completely taking you over.

"Come on, let's go sleep.", Tom said and carefully sat up, taking you with him. "Follow me. Good night, divs. Oi Haz! kKeep the party quiet, Tiger." Harrison stuffed a few Nachos into his mouth and nodded strongly. "Good night, guys", you said and waved before leaving the living room.

"Here's my room. You can take the bed, I'll just go back and take the couch.", Tom insisted but you pulled him back by his arm. "Don't be silly, Tom. We can share the bed if you don't mind." "Okay", he smiled.