Part 12: Explanation

Italics are flashbacks

You opened the door to your studio and turned the lights on. The white old, but expensive-looking laminate creaks a little under your high heels, which you kicked off of your feet after a few more steps. It was already a little dark outside, so you went to the wall on your left, where your windows were, and closed the curtains. You turned and looked around your studio. It was beautifully furnished but it seemed so empty. You didn't have any memories here - how are you supposed to call this our home. You took off your dress and the jewelry and threw on your black satin gown and black slippers. Your stomach was growling and you decided to make a frozen pizza in the oven for dinner.

„Tom, stop!", you scream out of the top of your lungs and can't stop laughing, because Tom has his hands all over you. He started tickling you when you stood up from the couch and continued all the way up to the kitchen. Trying to escape from his grip around your waist, you notice once again how strong he is. The sound of both of your laughs filled the house, as you're running through the hallways. Just moments before, the both of you were watching a movie in the living room and now it turned into a literal chase.

Finally, by running around the island of kitchen counters in the middle of the kitchen, you got away from him. You reached for the freezer and when you took out a frozen pizza Tom's hands started attacking you again. You almost dropped your dinner, laughing as loud as before. He loved hearing your laugh and always tried to make you laugh as much as possible. You turned around and put your empty hand on his chest to lightly push him away from you and he finally stopped tickling you, without losing his tight grip. Tom looked deeply into your eyes, while your faces were just inches apart and you wondered why he was quiet so suddenly.

„What's wrong?", you asked, still with one of your hands on his chest and his arms around your waist.
„Nothing. Everything is more than alright. I'm just happy you're here - with me.", he answered smiling, never letting his gaze leave your face.
You leaned a bit forward to give him a quick peck on the lips.
„Me, too."
After a few seconds of a - what seemed to be a never-ending - look into each other's eyes, Tom broke the silence.
„Alright, now let's shove the pizza into the oven, Y/L/N"

Remembering this moment stopped you from even opening the freezer. You went straight back to your couch, sitting down and losing yourself in memories. You started tearing up when the bell interrupted you.
Tom arrived at your apartment. He told you he wanted to come with a little text before-

Tom
I'll come over, i really want to explain myself, y/n. Please.

- but you didn't know he was coming that quickly. You stood up, shook your body a little to get yourself together, and opened the door. He stepped in and walked past you, while you closed the door. Looks like he came straight from the end of the premiere to you because he was still wearing his suit and the glasses.

„Wait- so are you wearing contact lenses right now?", you looked up from your phone.
„No, i don't need glasses. I see everything in HD.", he jokes and you roll your eyes.
„But you're wearing glasses on this picture right here?", you show him your phone.
„Well, yeah. But when i wear glasses it's a fashion statement.", Tom says.
„Fashion statement, huh?"

You walked to the little dining table in your studio and leaned against it, with your arms crossed. Tom was standing a few meters in front of you.
„Then tell me. You want to explain everything? I don't know what there is to explain. You asked for a break because we both were busy and you changed your mind and moved on. Way better and faster than I did. You know what, I don't mind.", you started rattling words down.
„That is not true, y/n. And it's also not true that I moved on, you know that I love you."
„Don't say it if you don't mean it!", you raised your voice because you were angry.