Part 8: late night drive

Italics are flashbacks

It's been a bit more than a week since you met Tom's family. You always tried to manage to spend your free time together but with the jobs you had that wasn't always possible. Tom and you were both very busy in the last few days and it won't stop for another week. He called you at eleven in the night and asked if you were awake. Obviously, you were - your sleep pattern is more than messed up. He told you he's going to pick you up to go to McDonald's because he was starving. You loved his idea because you had nothing left in your dorms and you didn't dare to wake up Leah. She needed her sleep to be awake by six again.

„Hey, Gorgeous.", Tom smiles as you took a seat in his car.
You were wearing sweatpants and an oversized hoodie. Not the neat look, you usually put on every day, when you were working. Your hair was all over the place but you managed to put it back into a low bun, so it doesn't look too horrendous. „Hey, Liar.", You say back, smiling.

„I'm not lying, you know I'm not.", he was looking into your eyes and you couldn't resist and leaned over to give him a quick kiss. You pulled away from the kiss and he smiled at you.
„Start driving already, I'm starving."
„Alright, let's go!", Tom was cheering playfully and it made you laugh.
„Can we put on some music?"
He handed you his phone and you opened Spotify. One playlist caught your attention. It looked pretty interesting. What would Tom have in there? "Oh, those are just some old songs I like." You nodded. It could go two ways. We have either songs from the sixties or songs from the 2000s in there.

„Let's put this on shuffle then and see what old songs Tom Holland likes listening to."
„Just choose whatever you like-"
You couldn't help yourself and interrupted him because „Beauty and a Beat" by Justin Bieber started playing.
„No way!", you're excitingly screaming, with a hint of shock on your face.
„You have that song in there? Oh my goodness, Tom. I'm getting to know you better every time, I love it!
„What- It is a gem, y/n. They don't make songs like that anymore.", he said, trying to justify his song choice.
„Oh, I live for it.", you smile.

You were surprised at how Tom is feeling this song. You're both laughing and singing to the song, as, at a red light, you both turn to each other, ready for the best part.
„-But I gotta keep an eye out for Selener!", you two - almost - scream at the same time. He jokingly put on bad-bitch-energy and the way he was acting to match the song made you laugh. That was always his only goal - to see you smile.
He continued driving and you looked at him. Others would've thought you were weirdly staring. And maybe you were. But what you saw at that moment was not the celebrity Tom Holland. You never saw that in him. You saw every single time he made you laugh, looked at you in the most caring way, every time he called you, just to make sure your day was alright.

"Hey, what's up? It's pretty late, is everything alright?" You got a phone call in the middle of the night, just seconds before you were about to go to sleep. "Everythings alright, love. I saw you were online just a few minutes ago, so I thought I'd call you. I haven't heard from you since yesterday.", Tom was scared you weren't feeling well and you adored him because he cared so much. Ever since you started spending time together it felt like you were glued together, emotionally. "The last days at work were really busy. I'm so sorry I didn't call you.", you said. "No, no, I am not mad or anything, I just wanted to check up on you. And I actually wanted to tell you about today. But if you're tired-" Your heart kind of dropped when you remembered that today was an important day for him and you felt bad you forgot. He had a photo shooting today, which he was excited about for a few days now. "Oh my god, yes I remember! Tell me all about it, I want to hear everything." His - kind of deep - evening voice was so soothing, you snuggled into your sheets and pressed the phone against your ear. You could listen to his voice for ages.

As you were driving through London, the streetlights shining bright in the darkness of the night, the playlist was going on. Hits from 2000 until 2015 are playing loudly in the car, making you have the best night of your life. You don't need a big party, many people or even good music to have a memorable night - you only needed him.

„Mr. Holland, is that ‚Only girl' by Rihanna?"
„y/n , you want to ask about every song I have in there?", he sighed.
You giggled and put it on. Meanwhile, you got real comfortable in his car.
„Want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world! Like I'm the only one that you'll ever love!", You sang passionately - even though it might've not sounded like that. Tom turned into the parking lot of Mcdonald's.
„Like I'm the only one that knows your heart!", you continue and after you finished the refrain you were laughing at yourself for singing like a total idiot.

„I love you."
You quickly turn your head to Tom.
„What?" Your eyes widened.
„I know, I'm sorry. This is probably not the setting, in which you expected me to say it but... Maybe it's not the big things. I don't need you to be in glamorous clothing and with makeup on at an event. I need you in the mornings, in your breaks when you do everything to see me, even if it's just for five minutes. When you're not mad, that I call you in the night, to tell you about my day and hear about yours. I only need you here with me, to realize that I love you.", he explained. You could see that he got nervous, which was extremely rare. Yes, he was a dork and a bit clumsy sometimes, but always confident. So you took his hands to calm him down.

„Tom, it's fine. I love you too. Since you caught me dancing in your kitchen.", you laughed.
He was finally able to breathe again and you two were looking deeply into each other's eyes until he put his hands behind your head to pull you into a soft kiss. Before it got more intense, he stopped and looked at you.
„Can you say that once again? Just to make sure."
„I love you, Tom Holland. More than anything in the world."
He kissed you again and this time, the kiss lasted even longer.

After a while, you got your food and you parked to eat and talk.
„So, y/l/n, are you gonna pick me up next time?"
„You know I can't pick you up. With what? I always take the tube.", you answer and make a silly sad face.
„Okay, here's the plan.", he began and held his finger up, showing you that he needed a second to stop chewing.
„Oh, alright. Spill the tea, Holland.", you looked at him.
„You'll get your driver's license as soon as you have time-", he said.
„After I finished my internship?"
„Sure. And then you can come to my house whenever you like. That's a win-win situation. You don't have to drive all the way up to a Fastfood-place and I get to see you a lot more.", he said proudly, as if he just solved the most complicated mystery.
„Oh, you wanna see me way more?", you ask teasingly.
„Oh darling, if it was for me you'd move in as soon as you graduated."
You laughed about it. But you secretly looked forward to that moment.
„You move fast, Holland. What about... I get my driver's license after I found a good job after uni? I'd have my money secured and I could focus on my driver's test. And on you, of course."
„Sounds great. Deal?", he asks.
„You know, that would happen in like only a few months? That's not that long."
„Yes, I do."
„It's a deal then."