Part 11: The Cherry Premiere

Italics are flashbacks

Another day and your the luckiest journalist in this world. Not only will you be a part of a big job, but you'll also see Tom at the Cherry premiere after the most hurtful phone call you two ever had and you'll see how he moved on when you weren't able to. But you can't decide not to go, because a chance this big can not be thrown away. It's a movie premiere after all.

You're ending work today at three, earlier than usual, to get ready for the premiere, which starts at five. Driving home in your new car you drove past Toms house. Seeing the district he lives in, the houses, the front yards reminded you of so much. It wasn't a good idea to drive down the streets. The route you once loved is the cause of pain now. As you feel tears coming up in your eyes, you try to stop yourself from crying. Which didn't really work. You remember the times when you were driving with Tom in his car, on the way to McDonald's in the night, laughing and singing together. Talking about you driving to his house. Driving to his house with your stuff to move in with him. At a red light, you look into the car-mirror and wipe your tears away from your face. As you close the mirror and look to your left you see a couple walking on the sidewalk talking and gesturing strongly, only to recognize them as Tom and that blonde girl. The pain is so extreme that you're letting it all out again. Once that was you, walking towards Toms place on this exact sidewalk.

„Oh my God!" You scream loudly as your right hand reaches your cheek and feels the cold liquid. Tom just smashed his vanilla ice cream on your face and bursted out laughing when the sudden cold made you jump.
„You should see your face right now!" Too shocked to even pay him back you look at him with widened eyes.
„Why would you do that?", you squeal.
„You just finished yours, so I figured you'd want a bit of mine", his smirk grew with every word. Luckily, you were always prepared, so you tried to find a tissue somewhere in your bag.
„I hate you.", you gave him a side glance while you cleaned your face from his attack. Tom stopped walking and pulled you closer at the hem of your shirt. His free hand griping your hips to keep you close.
„No, you don't.", he said quietly, his voice getting a little deeper. The look he gave you made you melt on the inside.
„No, I don't"

At home you were going directly to the bathroom, washing your face with ice-cold water. You looked in the mirror and you reminded yourself. This is not the time to be sentimental. This is your job. Fuck your feelings for a day and then you can cry. But not today. It's only for a few hours. Be strong for a few hours.

You're changing from your work clothes into a beige satin dress with black high heels. You decided to leave your hair open. As you open your jewelry box you see a golden little bracelet. You were putting it on, together with some gold hoops and a necklace.

You're putting your notes with the questions for the cast into your bag and you're leaving your house, where the Vogue-van is already waiting for you.
„Hey, Guys!" You're greeting the camera-team. „Let's do this." You give them a little smile.
On the way to the premiere, you're reading through your notes to make sure the questions sit perfectly.
„Y/n... Y/n!", the camera-man calls you.
„What?", you ask, coming back from your thoughts.
„We're here, let's go and set up the camera and everything else."
„Oh sorry, sure"

You open the van door and you and the team are carrying the equipment to your spot at the red carpet. Y'all stand in the middle so the circumstances for nice shots are awesome.
„Okay so, let's just quickly go over the technical stuff. We have one camera that records without sound, for nice in-between shots and pictures. While you're introducing yourself to the actors we are filming with that one as well. Give me a sign as soon everyone's ready and i turn the main camera and microphone on or off, alright?"
„Yes, understand."