Part 3: Painting with Tom Holland

„Hello Antonio, how are you?"
You greet the painter that lives on your block. He was already older, approximately in his seventies right now. He covered his short grey hair with an Italian straw hat but his grey thick mustache was giving it away.. as well as his wrinkles but for obvious reasons, he doesn't like talking about that. All jokes aside, Antonio earned his money with his painting lessons and his paintings themselves for decades. He traveled the world and now he settled down in the most beautiful house you've ever seen in London. His garden looks like paradise, so you come here quite often to visit his courses. It's so quiet and beautiful, with a little pond and a white small pavilion. „Ciao Bella, I'm all good thank you" he answered. "Did you take the tube here again?", he asked. "Yep.", you laughed - he always remembered. "Still not able to drive", you joked.

"So, we're filming today?", Antonio asked and you saw how excited he is about the busy day, which was adorable. He told you before how this whole new experience in his old days made him very euphoric. „Yes! Thank you so much for letting us film here, it's truly a beautiful setting.", you wave the camera team in, so they can set up their equipment. „We do have to wait for our special guest for a minute, though. Let's set up all of the paint stuff until then together, shall we?" Antonio nodded and you two were starting to prepare everything for the interview. „So do you- uh, already know your special guest?", he asked and put some brushes in two glasses. „No actually not. I'm just as excited as you are. But I think we will all have a lot of fun today."

The doorbell rang, whose sound was so gentle that it harmonized with the whole atmosphere given by the garden. Antonio quickly went inside and opened the door. You smiled when you saw how the old man tried to be as fast as possible and you followed him. You already heard the happy voice of Tom Holland all the way to the garden, after Antonio opened the front door.

„Hello, nice to meet you! My name is Tom.", he introduced himself to Antonio when you walked through the patio door. You saw Tom Holland standing in the Hallway, with his brown hair casually but beautifully worn and a big smile on his face. You were going to him with your hand in front of you, to shake his hand.
„Hello, I'm y/n, we're doing the video together today. I hope that's alright.", you introduced yourself.
„Yeah, definitely. I'm Tom.", he answered, while giving you a quick but obvious check-out-look from the top to the bottom and back up. You smiled and lose your handgrip.
Right behind him, you saw another guy. Just as tall as Tom but with blonde hair and blue eyes.
„Hey, I'm Harrison - Toms „Manager", we talked on the phone.", he introduced himself.
„Right! Nice to see you in person. Let's go into the garden.", you said to the three.

„Damn, this place is beautiful", Harrison said and admired the garden. „I know, right? I love coming here, it's so relaxing."
„Oh, that looks interesting.", Tom said when he saw the painting materials.
„Wait, you don't know what we're doing today?", you ask confused.
„No, not really. I mean, Haz told me this is an interview, right?", Tom says, with an unclear look on his face.
„Well yes, I'm gonna ask you some questions. But while we're doing that, we'll follow Antonio's guide to painting. And I'm telling you, I suck at painting, so this will actually benefit you.", you said teasingly.
„Oh no, no. That will be horrendous!", he laughed. „But hell yeah, let's do it!"
„Let's do it.", you chuckled.
„Don't fuck up, Tom! You surely don't want to embarrass yourself.", Harrison shouted from behind the scenes.

You both started following Antonio's steps on how to paint a landscape and you're asking the first questions.
„What's your next big plan? Any upcoming movies?"
„After filming ‚The devil all the time', do you want to film more movies like that? Was acting that way difficult?"
„How do you deal with being famous?"

„Are you single?"
Tom stops and looks at you. A nervous smile appears on his face.
„Well, uhm... I don't really talk-", he tried to answer and quickly looked over to Harrison.
„No, I'm just playing. That wasn't even part of the interview."
You both laugh. „No worries, we won't put that in.", you explain.
„Oh, so it was just for personal interest, huh?"
You just smile and continue painting. You didn't say anything for a second, struggling with what to answer.
„Well, I guess.."
„I'm single.", he reveals. You smile back at him when an Italian accent interrupted the moment. „Okay, okay Lovebirds. Listen to me now, please. Take your brush and just tap it on your canvas. It will look like a tree."
Tom and you exchanged an embarrassed look because of Antonio calling you „Lovebirds", which quickly turned into confusion after hearing the instruction. When Antonio quickly left to get another painting color, Tom started laughing and whispered: „How the fuck will that make it look like a tree?" and you just answered by shrugging your shoulders and suppressing a laugh.

"Is it supposed to look like this?" Tom put down his painting brush, picked up his painting, and showed a little part of it to Antonio. "Did I do that right? Doesn't look too right for me, to be honest." Antonio was losing all of his facial expressions and looked confused at Tom. "Yeah, no... I don't think that's right, Mr. Holland." You grinned at the way Tom looked back and forth between his painting and Antonio until he looked at you. "Well... that's why I'm an actor." "Sure.", you said and focused on the interview again.

After a while, you not only finished the questions but also your paintings.
„We just finished painting the most beautiful landscapes in history. So, let's show each other our work, alright?"
Tom nods with a big smile on his face, which looks like he's about to explode in laughter in a second.
„Three, two, one.."
You both turn around the drawings.
„Oh my god, you ARE bad at painting!", Tom jokingly says and your face turns into looking shocked, but playfully.
„Excuse you!", You're saying, giving back the same energy.
You both end up laughing at each other's work.
„Alright. Thank you so much for watching British Vogue, and a special thanks to Tom Holland for being here with us today."
„Thanks, guys, it was lots of fun!", he says and the video is ended.

„That was a nice interview, y/n.", Tom says.
„Well, thank you. Since I'm new in the journalism industry, I'm trying my best."
„No, that was great. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.", you basically blushed to a point where your face was as red as a tomato and it made Tom chuckle.

The Camera-team of Vogue already left and Antonio and Harrison were inside to get something to drink. You and Tom were talking outside for a bit and a second before he was about to leave, you decide to ask him something.
„What about, I give you my number?" You show him your hand as if you're waiting for him to give you his phone. A bold move, especially in front of a celebrity, but you'd regret not trying.
„Yeah, I'd like that."
You type in your name and number and you give him his phone back.
„You should call me.", You say smiling at him, before going into the house again. He was closely following you through the garden.

Tom and Harrison thanked you and Antonio for the good time and left the artist's house. You closed the door and made your way back into the living room to grab your purse when your phone started vibrating on the coffee table.
*unknown number*
Slightly confused you picked up. You expected a co-worker or someone from uni whose number you didn't save.
„Hello?", you asked.
„Now that we finished, you're not my boss anymore, are you?"
„Tom?", you were even more clueless now.
„Yeah?"
„Oh my God", you laugh and continue: „I never was your boss, just your interviewer. But technically, yeah you're right. No exact work correlation between us anymore."
„So, when can I take you out for dinner?"
„Did anyone ever tell you that you're crazy?", you chuckle and hear his laugh on the other side of the line.