06

Elsie could openly admit that she had never met someone quite like Raven Darkholme before. She was certainly a bubbly character, she so far didn't seem able to stop smiling. And it seemed the smiling was quite infectious. If she wasn't smiling in response then Hank was lightly smiling, only to let it slip if someone caught sight of it. Hank, was also a rather interesting person. She hadn't exactly exchanged many words with him since walking into the small furnished space which seemed to be their new home. It was very white. Very clinical, and actually quite horrid.

Elsie was not a fan, she picked up a lime green coloured cushion and dumped her knapsack on the floor, it landed with a quiet thud, not that she paid mind to it. She was too busy scrutinizing the colour of the cushion. "Who came up with the colour scheme here?" She questioned while looking to Raven. The blonde had taken to trying to find something to drink. She pottered around the bar managing to hold two bottles of cola in one hand and one bottle in the other. She sent Elsie another warm smile while she shrugged.

"I've been thinking the same thing."

"You any good at decorating?" Elsie smiled slowly and thanked her quietly for the cola while sitting on the arm of the sofa, she watched as Raven handed Hank a bottle and then sat down by her side.

She moved the cushion which was under such questioning gazes by Elsie and looked up at her. "It can't be too hard right? Just got to compliment colours and all that."

"I don't think that's a wise idea." Hank's voice piped up while he looked between both females.

"Hank, where are we going to get paint from?" Elsie questioned.

"Unless you have any stashed away in your lab?"

"He has a lab? You have a lab?" Elsie almost chocked on her cola while looking from Raven to Hank and then back again.

"Uh-huh," Raven drawled out while leaning back on the sofa. She ended up holding onto an orange coloured cushion and held it tightly against herself. Just for the sake of holding onto something.

"Is everyone here a genius? I feel like I'm missing out on an exclusive club."

This caused Raven to let out a melodic laugh and look at her with wide eyes. "That makes two of us then!"

"Here's to being excluded from the genius club," Elsie toasted her cola bottle down to Raven. She wasted no time in lifting hers and lightly tapping it against Elsie's. Hank looked at them blankly before rolling his eyes and standing up. "Sorry!" Elsie jumped to a stand and smiled at him. "Sorry...if I offended, you don't need to leave."

"I have some work which needs finishing off."

"At eleven at night?"

"I left it pending when you arrived."

"Don't let me stop you then," Elsie side stepped and watched him leave. Rolling her eyes down to Raven, she sat down in the seat Hank had once occupied. "He's a curious bloke, isn't he?"

Raven let out a quiet snort and shook her head. "You have no idea." Elsie smirked and raised an eyebrow. "No! I didn't mean it like that. I merely meant he is generally curious, and...forget it...I'm digging myself deeper here."

"Yes, you are." Elsie nodded and drunk some of the cola while nodding to her. "Is he always so...skittish?"

"I've quickly learned that when it comes to socialising and Hank, he's not exactly an open book. He'll talk when he's good and ready."

"Known him long?"

"No." Raven admitted with a smile and sat up in her seat.

Elsie looked around and frowned. "This place is boring. Why your brother seemed so obsessed with it, I don't know."