21

Though all utterly exhausted, training had clearly taken a toll on everyone to some degree, yet there was seemingly a never ending conversation happening at dinner that night. Soon after Sean's session, Charles had quite begrudgingly listened to the teenager. He had stated that he was hungry and that everyone else was likely to be the same. That and the afternoon was dragging on. Already at that time the sky was turning orange and the sun was slowly setting on the horizon.

Drumming her fingers on the table, Elsie jumped when someone tapped her on the shoulder. She looked up and watched Alex sit down beside her. "You didn't burn up the bunker, did you? Just, I've got to go back down there."

"No, but I really appreciated the scorch marks you inflicted on it all." Elsie retorted while shutting her eyes and leaning her head against her hand. She continued drumming only to narrow her eyes towards Alex again when he started to speak. 

"Camp fire, marshmallows..." Alex's voice drifted off.

"Are you suggesting I train via toasting marshmallows?"

"Sean would appreciate that." Alex sniggered while pushing food around on his plate. Hearing his name Sean naturally perked up and looked around. He was too engrossed in eating to pay attention to anything going on around him. Yet his name getting mentioned managed to divert his attention for the moment.

Tilting her head to the side, Elsie narrowed her eyes even more. "You've got yourself a deal. I'll make a camp fire, I'll toast the marshmallows, only if you sing kumbaya to us all. I bet you have a lovely singing voice, Alex." This caused Alex to falter and for him to look not so smug. "Better not...I know Sean has the ability to break glass, but that's because he can. You'd break glass because you'll be seriously tone deaf. I dearly hope Hank has more headphones..." Elsie smirked and leaned back in her chair, looking rather triumphant with herself. Shutting her eyes she leaned her head back. "Perhaps as an after show, you could provide the fireworks." She cracked an eye open when the cutlery got slammed on the table. "Hit a nerve? Yes, see, being degraded isn't nice, is it?" Elsie merely looked at Alex blankly, she was more than aware that now the lively chatter from earlier on had died away and most were paying attention to them.
Shutting her eyes again she merely zoned out, she was minutely aware to Alex moving and someone else taking his place. 

"Can you play nice, please?" Charles, of course, only he would see fit to lecture or nag.

Elsie opened her eyes, looking from her full plate to him she shook her head. "No." Pausing she watched the unamused expression flit across his face. "I will defend myself when someone's evidently taking the piss." She pushed herself upright in her chair and sighed. The food on her plate just sat there untouched, the thought of eating actually made her feel slightly ill. Not really a big eater, or eating at all, Elsie opted to avoid the massive portion before her. There was a sigh from her side, turning she looked to Charles simply. "You don't agree." It was more than clear he didn't. They were all clearly expected to get along and not conflict at all. That was easier said than done considering Alex specifically had a habit of teasing his so called team mates. "Whatever, I'm going to bed." She pushed herself back away from the table and turned to leave the room. She only stopped when Raven called out to her.

"Where are you going? You've not eaten anything." She asked worriedly, she looked at her with concern and even stood from her seat.

Elsie smiled stiffly. "Headache, which I'm rather sure is turning into a migraine. Save it for me...I'll eat it later if I feel better." It was a lie, though it was one which was so easily bought by Raven.

"Feel better soon, yeah?" Raven smiled kindly and returned to sitting.

Elsie merely waved a hand and continued to leave the room. Walking down the corridor she looked up at the ceiling. She really wasn't feeling well, not ill, ill, just not right. Blinking slowly she wrung her hands together and walked slowly up the stairs. Even from here she could hear the animated laughter which had sprung back up. Pinching her nose as she walked into her room she shut the door and slid down it. Pulling her knees to her chest she rested her head against her knees. She was trying to pin the uneasy feeling down when it suddenly hit her.