63

"Home! Oh, I have to admit I have missed this place, which is odd...because it isn't until being away that I've truly come to appreciate the fact that...sorry, I'm rambling! I'm going to go put these in my room." Elsie said quickly while waving the bags which had her buys still within them. To actually wave the bags though she had to lift Charles's arm up and shake his wrist about. The bags rustled in his grasp before she gently pulled them free and darted off up the stairs.

"Well that was odd." Hank said at length while messing with the keys in his hands. He twirled the front door key over on the chain and listened to it quietly clink against the other keys. Looking to Charles he frowned gently. "Think she's okay?"

Charles shrugged and placed his hands in his trouser pockets. "I'm going to pitch a guess and say no. But I'm sure she will be fine after a small while." He turned slowly and looked around. With a quiet sniff he suddenly realised how silent this place was. He had admittedly got used to the hub of activity which Logan had bought with him. He had actually, strangely enough, found partial enjoyment in having something to do again. A purpose, a mission of sorts. It felt good, though to actually find relative content feelings with what they were doing, he had to overcome a lot of problems.

And some such problems stared him in the face as he walked into the study. Rubbing a hand on his forehead he turned and looked back down the corridor. Hank had moved on, most likely back to his room where he would stay before someone collected him for dinner. With a sigh, Charles shrugged off his jacket and threw it onto the back of a chair. Rolling up his shirt sleeves he sighed again, reaching out he started clearing up his mess. 

Seeing as how there was a bag nearby, it was clear that Hank had given it a shot...but had ultimately given up. Charles frowned and picked up the bin bag from beside the desk and took to clearing the empty bottles from the desk. He winced slightly at the sounds of clinking glass, he awkwardly peered into the bag. The amount of bottles laying in the dark plastic bag was enough for him to let out a quiet groan. No wonder he was out of it most days. Standing in silence he looked upwards, following the grain of the wood above him with his eyes he actually had to admit that he couldn't remember most days. 

"Yikes, what's with that face, huh?" Lowering the bag he looked to the doorway. Elsie leaned against the frame with her good shoulder and looked to him with a smile. "What?"

"I don't suppose-"

"Ah! No! Sorry mate, this is your mess to clean up. Also...I'm currently handicapped, so yeah, not sure how much help I could be right now." Elsie laughed while he stopped gesturing to the bag and mess in the room. He looked at her sadly, "Oh no...don't you pull that on me." Walking into the room she brushed dust off of a chair, and then reached up to pinch an item of clothing between her finger and thumb from the back where it had clearly been flung a while ago. "Seriously? I always thought you were a clean freak. This is surprising. Did you know that it is said that the space you surround yourself with can reflect your mind?"

Charles smiled and leaned against his desk. Cleaning could wait for moment. Crossing his arms he gave her a nod. "And?"

Elsie looked at him sadly. "Fractured." 

"That's it?"

Tilting her head to the side she narrowed her eyes in thought. Looking at him from the corner of her eyes she sighed sadly. "We ain't gonna have to send you to AA meetings are we?"

Against better judgement, he laughed. Pushing away from the desk he walked over, crouching down in front of her he reached out and held onto her hand. "Despite what you see around you, no." She looked dubious, with a small sigh he pushed a hand through his hair and stood up. Sitting down in the seat next to her, he readjusted his hold on her hand and smiled. "Don't suppose you're free to keep me company?"