25

"Hey, I don't suppose you bumped into Hank on your way down, did you?" Raven asked while looking worriedly between her brother and her friend. Both Charles and Elsie exchanged a look before looking back to the blue skinned girl.

"No, we didn't pass anyone." Charles said while lifting his glass off of the table. "I'm sure he's fine, Raven." He smiled and drunk some of the juice before getting a look shot at him by Elsie. She slyly nodded from Raven to him. "If you are so concerned, why don't you try his room?" 

Elsie sighed lightly and took to eating some toast. She was rather pleased that he caught onto what she was hinting at. Clearly Raven's concern for Hank missing outdid the concern she'd have for anyone else being missing, obviously apart from Charles and Elsie. "You...didn't part on good terms did you?" Elsie saw fit to ask after Charles's question.

"Oh please tell me you two haven't had an argument." Charles said with a light frown while looking sternly to his sister.

Elsie hit him on the arm. "I'm sure he's fine, and I'm certain that whatever words you shared aren't the reason why he's missing." Elsie said reassuringly, Raven perked up at this and looked at her thankfully whereas Charles just looked at her curiously. 

Honestly when it came to comforting, he didn't know she was such a dab hand at it. Smiling he looked back to the simple breakfast before him, it felt strange though to have another person worry over his sister. But he felt at ease with knowing that person was Elsie. She wouldn't have misguided feelings or thoughts for the younger female because it took Elsie long enough to trust someone. Once trust is earned she wouldn't be likely to just simply throw it away. That and really, Raven was more or less her first friend. As much as he found he dearly wished he could say he was, no, they didn't exactly meet and get off on a good start. 

Clicking her fingers, Elsie wagged a finger at Raven. Her yellow eyes lit up curiously, "He's probably getting the jet ready...are you sure he's the one flying us?" She looked back to Charles.

"Hm? Oh, yeah," he came back into the conversation and nodded. "I'm most certainly sure. That's what he told me anyway." Elsie looked dubious. "You'll be fine," he patted her on the shoulder.

With a shudder Elsie looked back to Raven. "Surely getting a jet ready takes time? Yes, see even you agree," Elsie smiled when Raven slowly nodded. "He's fine. We'll go meet him soon, you'll see." Elsie waved her slice of toast at Raven, even though she still seemed reserved on the matter she just slouched in her chair and waited for the two of them to finish their breakfast. While waiting she took to fiddling with the long sleeves on her black jumper. Every so often she'd look up and join in with the simple conversation Charles and Elsie were attempting to include her in.

By now everyone who was sitting about in the kitchen had finished and were just idly chatting to one another. Despite what they were all about to possibly undertake, it was relaxed. The only person who seemed remotely on obvious tension was Moira. In some ways, she may have had more to lose than anyone else, considering this whole mutant team was her brain child. Soon walking down the corridor, Elsie and Raven exchanged a look as they glanced at the note which was simply stuck to the door: "Gone to the airbase, bring the crate marked X. Hank."

"You failed to notice this in your search for him?" Elsie whispered while looking up at Raven curiously.

"It wasn't there when I first searched for him." Raven said with a growing frown. Which meant that between her looking for him and her leaving, he had returned stuck the note up and disappeared for good. He was somewhere in the manor earlier on, but now he was apparently at the airbase.

"Not ominous at all," was Erik's comment as Charles plucked the note off of the door.

"Nah, I think it's classed as being informative." Sean said while looking at Erik, Erik in turn looked over his shoulder and looked rather disbelievingly at the teenager. Did he just fail to pick up on the blatant sarcasm? Rolling his eyes Erik left it be and looked to the doors as Charles pushed them open.