26

Erik could sit in quiet solitude once more when the jet picked up speed. There was the quietest of protests from Elsie, but other than that she seemed to turn to becoming a mute. Despite Raven trying to coax her to talk, she just stiffly shook her head and shut her eyes. It was nice actually, her suffering wasn't nice, but it also made silence reign in the jet. And though he wasn't wholly up for taking advantage of her suffering, Erik found himself doing so because at long last it was silent. No more stupid conversations, no more attempts at eye spy. Just silence.

Though there was a draw back, and that was being seated next to Charles who sat looking rather worriedly over at the white haired female. "She's fine," Erik said lowly while opening his eyes and looking down at Charles. He looked affronted that he had been caught out looking, "Oh come on, you do make it quite obvious." Erik said while shutting his eyes after glancing over at Elsie and Raven. "You're like a little love struck puppy."

"Do you mind?"

"No." Charles shot Erik a look at this simple retort in which he gave. Erik merely smirked and resigned himself to sitting in silence again. Though his moment of smugness came crashing to a halt rather quickly when the jet swerved to the side and the harness around him jarred from the sudden motion. Charles rolled his eyes up at his friend and looked at him with a knowing look. "Don't say anything."

"Karma." Charles whispered while looking forwards and leaning across to look up at the cockpit. "How's it looking out there, Hank?" He exclaimed over the sound of the engine.

"Messy, is one word I'd choose to use." Hank replied. Naturally being the pilot he had a brilliant view of all the goings on down below. More the positions of the ships which were all converging and waiting for one thing to set them off.

With a quiet sigh, Charles straightened himself in his chair and placed two fingers to his temple. Shutting his eyes he concentrated and succeeded in getting into the mind of a man who was aboard one of the ships down below. No sooner was he in the mind, and things were becoming clear did he find that he was rather quickly kicked out, literally kicked out with thanks to Azazel. The red skinned teleporter had successfully managed to block Charles's view of what was happening down there. "The crew of the Aral Sea are all dead. Shaw's been there." He said plainly while looking from Erik to Moira who sat either side of him.

"He's still here, somewhere." Erik didn't sound like he wholly believed it really. The one man he had spent so long searching for and hunting down was within his grasp again.

"He's set the ship on course for the embargo line." Charles chose not to retort to Erik's words and instead took to stating the facts at hand that he had found out. Moira moved over to a set up of radars and monitors and looked at them with hard eyes.

"If that ship crosses the line, our boys are going to blow it up. And the war begins." She said in a stony hard voice while glancing away from the screens in front of her to those around her. Each person looked as worried as the next as they exchanged shared looks.

"Unless," Charles started only to draw to a pause with a frown. "They're not our boys." He stated causing silence to yet again flit into the jet as it circled the situation below. With a serious expression, Charles inhaled and his eyes slid to a close again. He managed to flit into the mind of a man who was on another ship. Managing to make the man walk away from his position was relatively easy, it was even easier making him reach out to the control panel and push a button. From the deck of the ship a missile suddenly launched. Shooting up into the air in a glorious trail of smoke and fire it went hurtling on its course towards another Russian ship. But if that wasn't enough, its course was also leading it to the jet.

From the cockpit Hank had more than a brilliant view of the oncoming object. Tightening his grip on the controls in his hands he tried to move the jet out of the missiles trajectory. "Hold on!" He shouted over his shoulder, his words caused worried noises to come from most. Those noises though only heightened as the jet made a sharp and sudden turn onto its side which caused hands to grip onto the harnesses and chairs.