14

After what seemed like an eternity though the arm which was so casually wrapped around her shoulders, slowly removed itself. Lifting his hands upwards the silver and dark grey helmet which was over mousy brown hair was slowly removed. With a small shake of the head, and a quick hand to be ran through the brown locks. A curious look was sent in the groups direction. "Good evening. My name is Sebastian Shaw. And I am not here to hurt you." He said simply with a small shrug. He glanced at Elsie, "I apologise for the treatment which was earlier shown to you. Azazel has a way of overreacting." His blue eyes narrowed in thought as he mused over his words, and whether they were the right ones to use. Admittedly Azazel didn't need to painfully grip onto her arm and almost yank it out of its socket, so yes, in some regards there, he did overreact.

Elsie put a hand on her shoulder and rubbed it tentatively. It didn't go amiss that he apologised for his comrades behaviour, but not his own. Her shoulder still throbbed dully. "It's...fine..."

"Excellent! By all means, go join your friends." Shaw smiled, he either seemed to not notice her awkwardly spoken response, or chose not to register it at all. Elsie looked at him quizzically, "Go on," he urged with another smile and a wave of his hand.

Stepping slowly away from him and Azazel, who watched her from the corner of his eyes, she made her way to her friends. Instantly upon her drawing near, Raven wasted no time in grasping a hold of her wrist and pulling her near. Elsie turned and held onto her hand tightly, Raven's grip on her if anything tightened as Shaw took another step away from the door. He sighed lightly and seemed to wish to say more, but was interrupted by a call from outside.

Everyone's attention snapped to the side where a lone man stood. Someone had seemingly survived the assault on the base, and despite his colleagues being dead and fallen, he still remained determined on his job. Had to give him credit where credit was due, he was dedicated. That dedication was lost though when a simple nod given by Shaw caused Azazel to disappear from the room. In a small puff of greying dark smoke his form disappeared and reappeared near the armed man. With precise fluid movements, Azazel moved behind him and took his knife in his hands and slid it simply across the guard's neck. There was a sickening gurgling noise before the man landed to the ground with a thud. Even from the room they could all spy a pool of dark blood spreading out underneath him.

Letting out a light sigh, Shaw smiled and looked back to the group before him. Rubbing his hands together he held them out in a welcoming manner and stepped forwards again. "My friends, there's a revolution coming." He paused to remove the helmet from underneath his arm and give it to the other male present. "When mankind discovers who we are, what we can do, each of us will face a choice. Be enslaved or rise up to rule. Choose freely, but know that if you are not with us, then by definition, you are against us." Shaw said in a deadly serious tone, his earlier calmness had rather promptly disappeared. He didn't seem to care that his choice in words had caused a new sense of fear to appear in the already frightened group before him. 

They needed to know that if they wouldn't side with him and his cause, then they would have to cross paths in less than friendly terms. He had now drawn quite close to the group, who had all pressed themselves closer to the wall. If they were any closer they could all have sunk through it, or merged with it. They honestly couldn't get any closer to the wall if they humanly tried to do so. 

"So, you can stay and fight for the people who hate and fear you. Or you can join me, and live like kings and queens." He smiled again, the earlier seriousness disappearing and being replaced with self-awareness that at least one in the group looked highly interested by his words. 

If one would come, surely others would follow? That was often the way of the world. Not that Shaw was lumping their kind in with humans and their more often than not, herd tendencies to follow the crowd. He lifted his arm up and extended a hand forwards, a smaller hand was slowly slipped into it. Wrapping his fingers gently around the back he pulled the dark haired female forwards. Naturally her sudden side swapping caused appalled expressions to flit onto the each member of the groups faces.