30

There was only one word, or noise, that travelled through Elsie's mind as she looked at herself in the mirror: ugh. Being given a set of clothes to change into was a nice surprise for the morning. She'd peeled the suit off last night and slept in her underwear, it was cold, and not too comfortable really. Even clean underwear had been provided from somewhere, she actually didn't wish to think too much on that. She was just thankful to get anything really. So yes, when morning came and clean clothes were provided for them all, they all expressed happiness to some extent. After a quick shower, and drying off with the use of her powers, Elsie had dressed eagerly. Though really, she wished the change of clothes wasn't something so...formal. White shirt, black trousers, even the option of a black blazer. Honestly, she felt like she was dressing for a funeral. Or some sort of office work interview. It was quite horrid really, she didn't like the clothes, but she did like the feeling of being clean.

The yellow and blue suits were all well and good, it served a purpose, but it wasn't designed to be lived in like they were all previously doing. Looking forlornly at the suit, Elsie reached out and picked it up off of her bed. It was dirty, covered in sand in some places, with small cuts and tears from her scrap with Angel, and of course; her crash landing. It looked rather sorry for itself, if clothes were able to look such a way, then the suit succeeded. It looked sorry for itself. With a heavy sigh she turned and exited the room. With allowances they were all allowed to leave the room, only if a guard was with them to stop them straying into areas they weren't permitted to go into.

Elsie looked with a frown at the one who was accompanying her down the corridor. Stern faced and silent, with a scrutinising look, Elsie decided to just try and ignore the fact that he was even walking by her side. Shooting a look to the guard she made a point of shutting the door before he could follow her into the room. Smiling politely she pulled the blind down on the window too, so he couldn't peer in. Her accomplished moment was short lived though as she turned slowly and looked to Charles. 

With a pout she walked over and sat by his side. Between her and the others they were allowed to come see him. Not that he was really brilliant company right now, considering he was still either asleep or in a drug induced coma. Pulling the chair closer she reached up and leaned her arms on the bed again. Leaning her chin against them she flicked her eyes up to him. "You know...after this, I don't think you'll want to sleep again for a week." Elsie mused, she presumed he hadn't woken since the last time she had seen him. Shutting her eyes she sighed quietly, "Can you wake up now? It's strange, I think this is the most time Alex and I have gotten along...that's saying something, right? We're actually finally getting along..." Elsie trailed off and sat up, looking to the hand closest to her she reached out and held onto it. Making sure to avoid the cannula which was in it, she managed to run her thumb over his knuckles. Humming despondently she laid her head back down on the bed and shut her eyes. Frowning she sat up again and fidgeted, she was getting impatient just sitting here.

What else can I do? She mused irritably. Sit in my room and stare at a wall? Yeah, that sounds like heaps of fun. Elsie shot a look to the door, even from her seat she could see the shadow of the guard flit past. He was clearly getting impatient. She smirked slowly, clearly he didn't know she planned on staying here for as long as possible. The only way she'd leave was if someone told her to leave, or came to collect her. She was moving for no man, or woman.

"Sarcasm doesn't suit you," her glaring at the door came to a very sudden halt as she looked sharply to her side. There was the slightest of stirs from Charles, Elsie leaned forwards more and looked at him with wide eyes. With a strained cough, and slowly opening eyes, he looked to her.

With careful motions she managed to shuffle closer to him, she laid her head against his shoulder and shut her eyes. She smiled lightly as she felt him turn his head to lean on top of hers. He tiredly kissed the top of her head before shakily lifting a hand up and placing it against her. "Shh, Elsie," Charles said when she finally leaned away and looked to him. "Don't cry," against wishing to she was crying, from happiness really. Though still groggy from sleep and everything else, Charles reached up and placed a hand to her cheek. "That's not quite the greeting I was expecting."