20

Standing cross armed in the doorway, Elsie looked about the room. "You've certainly settled in." There was a crashing and the sound of stumbling, and soon Hank's face peeked up over some equipment. Elsie smiled and walked into the room. She honestly hadn't seen much of the younger male since leaving the base. Though really even when there she didn't see much of him anyway. Awkwardly pulling a piece of thick glass away from the wall she turned and looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Are we renovating?"

"They're...they're for you...for your training session, I mean." Hank awkwardly explained while pushing his glasses up his nose and walking around the desk to step beside her. Elsie frowned over this information and looked to the glass. It was certainly thick. It could withstand a lot of pressure, even she could guess that much. But how good would it be against extreme heat? She supposed she was about to find out. "It'll be all right, Elsie...you're in a controlled environment, here." Hank said while placing his hands in his white laboratory coat. Her eyes slowly lifted up to look at him. Hank gave the lightest of smiles and sighed. Frowning slowly he looked to her, "May I show you something?" 

Elsie looked at him strangely yet gave a small nod. Hank smiled a little more confidently as he walked towards a cluttered desk. He carefully picked papers and books up and placed them elsewhere. With one glance at her he lifted up a grey and black object. Elsie took it from his hand when he offered it to her. She looked it over, it was shaped like a gun, in the sense that there was clearly an output and a trigger. "What is this...exactly?"

"It's nothing to worry about! Honestly, it's a pyrometer." Elsie nodded at him to continue, she felt at ease knowing it wasn't a more high-tech gun of some sort. "It'll measure heat."

"You want to know how hot I can burn." Elsie turned the pyrometer in her hand and gave it back to him. "What then? You'll jot down the reading and...I don't know, keep track of it? Make sure I don't end up burning hot enough to melt through the planet, or something?"

Hank let out a quiet laugh, which quickly died when he caught sight of the serious look Elsie sent his way. "Well, yes, I suppose." He sounded rather uncertain.

"Cool...no pun intended, considering." She sniggered. She was far from cool. Crossing her arms she looked over her shoulder. "So you've got safety in the form of makeshift shields. Something to measure how hot I burn, how exactly does this help me gain control?"

"It'll help you by not burning us, and by knowing if you can stick to one temperament for a certain amount of time." Both turned to look to the door. Charles stood with his hands in his pockets. He had quickly discarded his coat and stood with his shirt sleeves rolled up. He looked a little flustered, Elsie presumed the session with Alex was a bit more eventful than what Charles first thought it would be.

"Us?"

"You're coming too, Hank. Come on," Charles turned to grasping onto one of the glass panes which made up the soon to be shield. Exchanging a look Hank and Elsie moved to mirroring him. After a few trips they managed to bring all the panes down and Hank set them up as Elsie eyed up the charred mannequins at the other end of the room.

"You weren't in the room with Alex? Why...why are you being in the room with me?" Elsie turned and looked to Charles.

He rubbed his chin in thought and stepped forwards. "Each person is different. And really, I think if left in this room on your own...you may opt not to train at all." Charles said simply. "You're reluctant, I know. But this is why you're here, remember?" He smiled at her and looked over his shoulder when Hank called out. "We're not far away, you'll be fine." He gave her a gentle pat on the arm and darted down the other end of the bunker.

Elsie frowned, "I'm scared!" She exclaimed so they could hear from their end.

"I know!" Charles replied with a small smile. She didn't need to say anything. He could sense her fear, anyone could really.