{21}Movie Time{21}

Another few minutes passed before you heard a familiar voice.

"...That took longer than I thought, sorry. My sister called me and I had to call your brother again."

"Oh, what happened? And why'd you run off so suddenly?"

"I- well, I didn't feel well..." He chuckled obviously hiding the real reason, but you didn't care. "But so, someone from my sister's job broke their ankle and she needs to fill in for the early night shifts. Satori will come to pick you up whenever he's ready."

You nodded, wishing you knew why he ran off and moved over for Shirabu to sit on the couch with you. He opened the laptop putting in his password and opening Netflix. He shifted your gaze to you, and it was obvious he was trying to focus on your face.

"What do you want to watch."

"Oh, uhm. What's available?"

"Almost everything thing, do you want to watch a Whisker Away? I heard it's good."

You nod and the boy starts to search for it on Netflix, you find yourself staring at his still-damp hair as he searches for the movie. Once he does find the selected film, the laptop got returned to the coffee table which was pulled closer to the couch. 

"I'm going to grab some snacks, do you want any?"

"Uhm, if you have strawberry Pocky yeah."

The boy smiled and left the room again while you watched the opening credits alone. Once the movie starts to actually play, not just the opening credits, Shirabu returns with popcorn and your requested Pocky. You thank him and sink into the couch wearing the blanket like a cave to avoid eye contact and further embarrassment. 
___________________________

You were half an hour into the movie before you started to eat your Pocky. You watched as the character jumps from a ledge into a tree just like a cat. You pop a Pocky into your mouth slowly eating it piece by piece. (OKAY I KNOW THAT THE GIRL JUMPS CLOSER TO THE BEGINNING AND NOT 30 MINS IN BUT LIKE, I FORGOT A LOT OF THE STUFF THAT HAPPENED)

With Pocky still sticky out of your mouth, you turn your head to Shirabu to see how interested in the movie he was. Instead of seeing Shirabu's profile, you saw his full face. Once you guys locked eyes you both flushed and turned away. It seemed funny to you, how both of you always avoided eye-contact. 

You started to think that he might actually like you back.
___________________________

The movie finishes and you still haven't finished your Pocky, you were a slow eater and that was okay with you. Your ears tune in to the outside world just in time to hear a strike of thunder. You jump and cover your head instinctively pushing yourself into the corner of the couch while covering your ears.

"Hey- whoa- Tendou, what are you doing?"

You didn't respond and kept your hands over your ears. It was at times like these where you would run and hide into your nest room. Both you and Ushijima had a personal one in your house, but at this moment a nesting room wasn't near.

Shirabu noticed your behavior. Noticing how you covered your ears and balled up. How every time thunder came rolling in that your breath hitched and you would tense up immediately. You couldn't tell what he was thinking, but you felt a pair of arms wrap around your body quickly. Suddenly there was a heat source in front of you as the arms grasped you tightly.

Slowly you let your hands fall from your ears and grip onto the boy's shirt. You wrapped both your legs around his waist clinging onto him as if your life depended on it. The two of you sat in silence as the thunder kept falling in. The silence was broken by the alpha's calming voice trying to distract you from the thunder. 

"Hey, Tendou. What's it like being an omega?"

You were caught off guard by the question but knew you should answer. You thought for a moment on how to describe it to Shirabu, in a way that an alpha, the opposite role, would understand. Your ears tuned into his voice as your answered.

"W-well, what about being an omega do you want to know about, there's so much..."

"How do you feel around alphas without a mate? Or like, what are traits you all share?"

"O-oh well. When I'm around alphas it's really how they act... Y-you make me feel calmer and secure, like Satori. But around a lot of the people at school I-I'm always on guard and usually terrified." Your feeling poured out of your mouth. In the midst of fear from the thunder, you didn't consider thinking rationally.

"Why?"

"Well, B-because a lot of alpha's struggle to keep their cool around omegas, even if they aren't able to m-mark them yet-"

"Wait, what do you mean yet?"

You can't help but laugh at the boy even though he cut you off. At this point, you had forgotten the booming noises coming from the outside and were now focused on helping Shirbu understand omegas.

"Well, at 10 we all are assigned roles, right? B-but we don't start to feel that way until 13 or 14."

"Yeah, I know that."

"Well o-once alphas start to develop their i-instincts they have everything, it doesn't matter. Omegas' have a few ages for stuff..."

"Like?"

"U-Uhm. At 14 our scent glands start to work, at 16 we are able to be marked, but not until our first heat. An omega's first heat usually comes when they are 16, but it can happen between 16 and 19."

"Really? How old are you?"

"I'm 15, dummy."

"Then why are you scared of them? If they can't mark you what's there to worry about?"

The boy laid back, with you clinging onto his chest. Your head rested above his heart, you could hear and feel it pounding out of his chest. The grip on his shirt starts to loosen as your find a calming sensation to try to take you to sleep.

"Alphas mark people by biting them, Jiuwu..."

"So? It's just a bite, you won't die."

"I know I won't die... but..."

You let a yawn escape your lips as your hands ease off his shirt. You feel your mind start to drift off to dream. Right before you fall into sleep to escape the trouble of the storm you leave Shirabu with a few words.

"That hurts, you know..."