{25}Distractions{25}

You sit down taking in a deep breath clenching your fists slightly. Guys like that pissed you off. The type of guy that always tried to show off just for girls. The type of guy that will pin girls to walls making them "fall" for them. They pissed you off because all of them went for omegas who are supposed to "melt" at the touch of alphas'. 

In the middle of your mental frustration, you feel a hand on your shoulder. You move your hand over it and realize that it isn't thin and boney like Satori's. It wasn't rough or muscular like Ushijima's. You look up your hand still on the soft one. Your face flushes and your hand drops back into your lap. 

"What happened out there, Y/N?"

"Jiuwu I- Oh yeah... n-nothing I'm fine. Just a little shaken up, ya know?"

"Mm..." He nodded and gently kissed the top of your head before heading back out onto the court.

You sat there frozen in place, not knowing what to do or feel now. You're broken out your love trance by a ball coming flying at you. You hop out of the way and stumble back a little, but you keep on your feet. You smile over to the boys frozen in place, the silence was broken by Satori's usual happy voice. 

"Sorry about that, Y/N! Kenjirou's attention was elsewhere~"

"O-oh no it's okay! You guys continue the practice, we need to wrap up soon anyway."

You pick up the bench while the boys start to wrap up their game. You rush over and grab bottles that had rolled away. You rush the bundle of bottles back and set them on the bench. Your gaze moves back over to a stray bottle heading out the door, you rush over and lean over to pick it up. Once you get back into a standing position you notice the vice-captain in front of you.

You freeze holding the bottle with two hands as you could just stare. The boy smirks as he passes by you into the gymnasium going and talking with some of the other boys. You let your shoulders relax and breathe out before you turn and see both Satori and Shirabu eyeing both you and Soekawa. 

You force a laugh out, it was obviously fake, but you were just trying to convince yourself. You sit down next to the cluster of water bottles and fiddle with your fingers watching the guys start to clean up. You stand up and start to put your things away, handing out water to the team. The majority of them didn't notice you were off, but your 3 friends and brother did. 

Clean-up was now over and it was time to head home. You pushed your feet deeper into your shoes and immediately got to Satori's side. You felt eyes on you, and not in a good way. You brushed it off and started to conversate with your brother. You chatted about things that weren't relevant from today, especially your birthday.

"So, Y/N. What do you want for your birthday?"

"Hm? Good question, I guess my clothes back would be good."

"What's something I can buy?"

You shrug not quite knowing, you were content with your life right now. You also didn't want to spill that all you really wanted was to get to spend more time with Shirabu. 

"How about S/N? Do you need anything for him?"

"Not at the moment, other than food."

The boy nods and you nod back before hearing your name get called yet again. You groan and turn around but straighten up seeing Shirabu coming towards you. A slight blush covers your face as you remember what happened earlier.

"Hey, Y/N. Your birthday is coming up, right? What do you want?"

"Nothing, Satori was just bugging me about it."

Your brother laughs as you all near your brother's car. You did live near this area but still used a car sometimes. You watch as Ushijima steps into the passenger side while listening to Shirabu.

"Do you want to go shopping? I can take you out now so you can have your actual birthday to spend with Satori."

That's not what I want, I want to spend it with you. "Uhm, I don't feel like going out, one of those days you know." 

"So would you like to come over to my house to just hang out?~"

"I-i Uhm... well..." You rubbed the back of your neck bumping into your brother's car.

"Sorry, Shirabu. Y/N isn't going to be alone with you for a while. Feel free to come over to our place though."

"Satori!" You pouted watching as he hopped in the car and starting the ignition. You open the side door and climb in while talking back to Shirabu. "Well, you heard the bitch, you can come over if you want."

"Can I ride with you guys?"

"Yeah sure, jump in on the other side," Satori answered over the car's engine.

Your eyes follow as he loops around the car and jumps into the side next to yours. You found it awkward and often found your gaze shifting over to his face and back once he caught you. You wished that you could spend more alone time with him, but knew you would get that.
_________________________

"Y/N where are you going?"

You had instinctively gone upstairs to your bedroom forgetting you had Shirabu over, had I  really become this anti-social? You shake the thought out of your head and turn back out your door to be face to face with Shirabu. Your face flushes slightly as he laughs, you walk down the stairs and he follows. 

The two of you ended up agreeing to watch a movie, but this time you had to keep your distance or Satori would kill you. You watched the live-action Beauty and the Beast and found yourself relating too much to Belle in your life right now. Shirabu was your prince charming beast, someone you wanted but couldn't have. And all those other boys were that Gaston bitch. 

This made you wonder, would you get your happily ever after? Or would you suffer as a mateless omega during their first-ever heat?

(A/N: Might get a double update today because I'm running on 2 hours of sleep and fruit gummies and I don't want to do my missing school assignments.)