{23}Nesting Room{23}

______________________2nd Person

You wake up to light blinding your eyes. You sit up and look around but can't see anything beyond thick curtains.

"What..."

You look up and see a window on the ceiling that covered most of the space on the slant. You put one and one together before throwing back the curtains and stepping off your bed. 

This was your nesting room. Your feet hit a fuzzy carpet that was placed under your special bed. You had a canopy bed that was built out of the ceiling so you were able to look at the clear skies during the morning and during the night.

Your eyes fall to a nearby dresser which has around 30 displayed stuffed animals, mostly teddy bears. Each had a different pattern, texture, feel, and scent. You shift your feet on the carpet taking in the softness before moving your gaze over to your nightstand.

You reach over to it and grab a note which had been written in Satori's messy handwriting: "Y/N, you fell asleep at Shirabu's house. You got home safely and got to keep his old jersey ;)" You look down and pull out your shirt to look at it, you were still wearing the jersey. You fall back onto your bed and practically hug yourself in his clothing.

Shaking your head and getting up your gaze shifts to the soft glow of string lights around your room. There were clothespins on them for pictures, when you did find pictures to put in them.

You loved this room but only used it for thunderstorms right now, you hoped you'd be able to use it more once you turn 16, but you don't know yet. 

You head out of your nesting room and right to your bedroom to change and put the old jersey into your nesting room. You find Satori's button-up shirt you had found two nights ago and swap it on. You fold the jersey in your hands and walk back to your nesting room keeping the shorts on knowing that Ushijima's father was downstairs. 

Back in your nesting room you look over at a wall clock and realize the time. 10:21 AM. You really slept in that late?! You counted back to when you and Shirabu watched the movie together. If you had fallen asleep at 4-5, you had slept for 15-16 hours. You stood awestruck, had you really been losing that much sleep because of midterms coming up?

You shake it off and place the jersey onto a dresser before walking back out of the room, now to head downstairs. You can hear laughing and talking coming from the people downstairs but didn't care to make out who or what was being said.

"Good morning, Satori..." 

You yawn walking past the living room where the noise had been coming from and right to the kitchen.

"Ah Y/N! About time you finally woke up, did you forget we have practices on Sundays?"

"Oh, no I didn't forget, I just was catching up on some sleep."

You were now in the kitchen, and the two of you were basically shouting to each other across the house.

"Are you really that worried about it?"

"Yep, unlike someone, I care about my grades."

You didn't hear a response and assumed that your brother had just shut up at this point. You pour yourself some lucky charms and realize he hasn't shut up and instead came to "comfort" you. Satori squeezed you in a hug as you tried to get milk for cereal.

"Well, then we should make you un-stressed right?"

"Well, you better get me some no-stress juice."

There was a silence as you struggled to get milk for your cereal before the two of your started to laugh. You escape his grasp and fall into the fridge still laughing with your brother. The bond with your brother was special, no matter how mad you were at each other you couldn't stay mad for even longer. 

The tall boy leaves the kitchen and you follow shorting behind with your cereal breakfast. He turns into the living room and you do too, getting greeted by multiple people. 

"Good morning, Y/N"

"Morning Y/N! You are as beautiful as Ushijima said you were."

"Morning Tendou."

"Good morning, Ushijima, Takashi... and u-uhm Shirabu?"

You look to the last person, sitting in your living room was Shirabu, to which confused you. You wanted to see him more but didn't at the same time. You shuffled your feet over and kicked your brother before sitting in his lap and eating your breakfast, embarrassed to have Shirabu see you in what was meant to be pajamas. You whisper to Satori while continuing to eat your cereal.

"Why's he here?"

"You left your stuff at his place."

"Oh, shhhooooot... Yeah, I did sorry."

You laugh before shoveling another spoonful of lucky charms into your mouth. Your gaze stays on Shirabu as Takashi talks about America and American culture. Every once in a while you'd catch yourself staring and huddle further into your brother's chest. It was awkward with him around, especially with what happened yesterday. 

Once your cereal was finished you hop off of Satori's lap and walk out with your bowl. In the kitchen, you fidget with your shirt's hem watching it fill up with water. You turn the faucet off seeing the bowl overflow. Shit, okay. You start to roll up your sleeves before a pair of rough hands comes into contact with yours.

You turn around to see Shirabu over your head with a blank expression but sparkles in his eyes. The two of you make eye contact and a bright blush finds its way onto your face. You move your face down but you watch as he neatly rolls the oversized sleeve up.

"U-Uhm, thanks..."

You mumble sticking your hands into the sink and rinsing out your dish. You could tell he was still behind you, but you didn't want him to leave your side. You finish washing the dish and the fellow spoon and place them in the drying rack. While grabbing a towel, drying your hands. You look back at Shirabu who's eyes were locked onto you.

"W-what? Why are you staring at me?" 

You stuttered out looking back to the ground embarrassed. You hear Shirabu let out a chuckle proceeded you poke at your arm.

"So you will wear Satori's clothes proudly but not mine?"

Your face turned a whole new shade of seeing this confident side of him. Is this what his alpha instincts are like or is he just being confident? You struggle with words that were hanging on the tip of your tongue. Finally, you got a few words to fall out of your mouth.

"I-i, w-what side of J-Jiuwu is this?..." 

You trailed off with a laugh and the boy bent down two inches to become "your height". He smiled and poked your nose before standing back up straight.

"Feels good to be referred to in the 3rd person. I have to leave now, Sakura will get angry..." 

You nodded and watched as the boy left the room. You could hear him say goodbye to the others but just left you there love-struck. You snap out of your haze and walk up the stairs calling down to Satori and Ushijima.

"C-come get me when it's time for practice."

You run into your bedroom and flop onto your bed, grasping your pillow and screaming into it like a fangirl. You sit up fiddling with your fingers knowing you wouldn't be able to go to practice without melting from love again, and you knew that Satori knew this as well.