3 Move!

Olivia opened her eyes and right before her was a grand scene. Men and women of various ages gathered together, some dancing, some standing and chatting, some eating and enjoying drinks. All of them were dressed for some sort of masquerade event, but without the masks. The flowing gowns were really impressive. Olivia tried to look around this strange dream like atmosphere, and didn't know what to do at first. She walked into the beautiful ballroom in a dream like trance. She subconsciously grabbed a glass offered to her by a waiter.

She heard some lady cackling she was holding onto the arm of another woman. She was laughing, and there was so much noise all around her that no one paid any heed to the laughing woman. This was a weird dream. She could smell all the perfume and alcohol, and food all around her.

All she could think of was that one scene in that David Bowie movie. The scene where the girl ate a fruit and was somehow placed into a crystal bubble where a ball was being held. The cackling lady reminded her of that. The dresses too. The only difference was that no one was wearing masks. If this was a masquerade dream, then why was no one wearing a mask?

She wanted to look up to see the chandelier on the edge of her vision. The chandelier was made out of gold, silver and light stones. But when she tried, she couldn't move her body. She could feel panic setting in as she tried to move at all. Her body moved without her permission and drank from the glass in her hand. She could feel the liquid pouring down her throat.

'My first glass of the night. I have to keep a clear mind. This will be it for me.' A voice said inside her head. She surveyed the scene around her. Her eyes stopped on the cackling woman. 'This idiot must have started drinking early. She's a laughing drunk.' Olivia listened to the voice in her head. This must be some sort of narrated dream. This is what happens when you read too much. 'I have to find Lady Lowenheim. I can't let her drink tonight. My sister's plan Can Not succeed.'

Lady Lowenheim?

Wasn't that one of the delusional villains in the last book she read?

Sweet. Now she could see the book play out before her like a movie in this dream. She must be playing the part of Graciella right now. Olivia Praxis had wanted to frame Graciella by drugging Lady Lowenheim. The king would see his beloved acting like a fool, and Graciella's reputation would be tarnished instead. But king Adarian drank from Lady Lowenheim's glass instead, causing himself to be drugged. Olivia Praxis took this opportunity to seduce the king who was inebriated. She set up Graciella to take the fall causing Adarian to misunderstand Graciella during the beginning stages of their marriage.

Olivia's body continued to drink from the glass in her hand and she finally began walking forward. She followed the line of sight her movements were allowing her to do. This was more like a college party than the balls she saw in the movies. People were everywhere, talking, dancing, drinking, eating. Some gathered in cliques and groups.

Olivia's eyes stopped on a beautiful innocent looking young woman. She was sitting there like a delicate flower, being waited on. She grabbed a glass and sipped from it while the man next to her simpered and flattered her. She smiled shyly. Again thoughts that were not her own resounded in her mind. 'That fake little b1tch, pretending to be innocent while trying to harm Lady Lowenheim?' Olivia wanted to let her eyes linger, but her vision was pulled away almost immediately. She had been sure that Olivia Praxis had dressed provocatively, while Graciella had dressed innocently. Wasn't that why it was so easy to seduce the inebriated king?

Olivia finished drinking from her glass. Olivia's eyes still moved over the Ballroom. It was so crowded. What was she looking for? Then Olivia's eyes fell on a waiter who had only one glass on his tray. The waiter somehow avoided other people while heading in a single direction. Olivia's body began to move forward. This dream was so strange, making her move on her own without her own will. 'This is it. It's him. I must stop him before he gives the drink to Lady-' The thought suddenly stopped. A beautiful, graceful woman reached out and took the glass. She had one in her hand already. 'Too late...I'm too late.'

Olivia's body began to move to go after Lady Lowenheim. She could feel the panic happening inside her. Lady Lowenheim reached the King before she could get close, he had already reached for a glass in her hands. King Adarian was one of the hottest guys she had ever seen in real life. He looked like he could be an actor with over a billion fans. Every girl who saw him on the big screen would definitely want to be with him at least once. He lifted the glass and drank. He downed the glass before Olivia's body could get close enough to be within hearing distance.

Olivia began to feel her body become woozy. Was she drunk? How? Didn't the voice in her head say that she only had one glass. Was she a lightweight. Had Olivia Praxis also drugged her? Olivia's body swayed, but she tried to hold on. She had felt like this before when suffering from anemia. This wasn't too bad yet. She was just a little off.

Olivia's body kept itself upright, and managed to walk forward in a straight line. 'She got to me.' The thoughts intruded again. 'I can't believe she got to me again. But I know what she was planning. Either the King or Lady Lowenheim had been drugged. If I can get them to go out of this place with me, then they won't be made into fools in front of everyone.'

"Your majesty," Olivia's mouth opened, and spewed the words out without her being able to stop them or change anything she was saying. She was a little astonished at what was happening, and wanted to get out of there. There was obviously something wrong with her. Why should she stay behind and have something happen to her. The guy was a king, and Lady Lowenheim was rumored as the kings soon to be fiancé. Shouldn't this person here who was also drugged think just for a bit. Nothing would happen to them. If anything they would be just fine. People went to parties to get drunk didn't they? So just turn around and leave. So annoying. "Could you please give me a moment of your time?" She swayed just a bit. It wasn't even a noticeable sway. No one had noticed her minor sway. Or so she had thought. The next moment King Adarian had steadied her by holding onto her elbow. He led her to some seats not too far away. Olivia's body moved to look back to Lady Lowenheim. She heard herself think, 'I still don't know which one was drugged.'

Of course I know who was drugged. It was King Adarian. This was weird. She was having her own thoughts, while hearing the thoughts of someone else, and she was unable to control any of her actions at all!

Lady Lowenheim had discreetly disappeared from her vision. And so she followed the king. He sat first, and dragged her to sit next to him. She tripped over his foot, and landed directly in his lap.

There was a collective gasp from those nearby.

Olivia blushed. She was not used to being close to people and wanted to get up immediately. Luckily, this time her body complied. She tried to get up in a hurry, like her body had been scalded by this close contact. If she had not already been woozy, and if it was not getting worse by the second, she would have been able to get up gracefully.

But with King Adarian's hold on her arm, and her already unsteady nature, she fell onto his lap again, but this time she was facing him. She could feel her cheeks were hot from blushing.

"Excuse me your majesty," the words came out of her lips. Her vision was much more hazy than before. She looked down in shame sitting on his lap. She tried to push away, but he still held onto her arm. When she looked down she saw the major difference between her and everyone else. The clothing she was wearing was rather... low cut. Her cleavage poured out of her gown like the view of the Grand Canyon.

Olivia was now flustered. What the heck was up with this dream!? She never dressed like this in her life!? Not that she had much up there to begin with. Even if she had tried to dress provocatively, it would not have had this same effect.

She tried really hard to control her movements. She wanted to cover her chest with her hands, She wanted to get out of this awkward situation. C'mon body. Move!